New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

July 30 - North Country - Solidarity Drive For Levi

Old 07-30-2011, 05:37 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

wow! not a single post. Bet everyone is all exhausted from all the g-forces that we experienced today. Jeff you did a splendid job and set a very good pace. Even though I brought up the rear I enjoyed every moment of the drive.

Robert (Friendlydacat) - it was awesome to meet you and to finally have a CR come on an Upstate group drive. Be sure to attend the tri-state drive two weeks from now.

Levi - As always great seeing you and I'm glad we had a great turnout for the Solidarity Drive. Here's hoping you can make it out on the 13th as well.

Corey Maurer - Next drive, you are bringing up the rear Just kidding, it was awesome following you for a while and that car you have is a sublime beast. I was impressed with the power you were putting down. Good job on the car. Probably the first slammed S2000 I've seen on an Upstate group drive

Mark355 - as always a pleasure. I will get you the DVD as soon as I can. Enjoyed cruising back with you but decided to stop of at Glens Falls to pick something up for JJ.

Steve & Colleen - Glad you guys came. It was fun meeting you guys again.

Headchef - A pleasure as always Dave
Old 07-30-2011, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colleen and I had a great day. I am tired as hell. That special road with the bridge was over the top. This is my second trip with you guys and we have had an amazing time. I have learned I have a lot to learn about this car and how to drive it. Colleen and I stopped in Lake George for an ice cream and ran into a customer of mine. He was driving a Viper ST with a FEW modifidciations.He was telling me about Lime Rock and driving school. It just fortified my desire to learn more. After driving with you guys I already knew I had a lot to learn but he just hammered it home for me. It was a PLEASURE meeting everyone today. This is my first year with a car like this and Jeff those roads just taught me I want more, more, more!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:29 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Can't thank Jeff enough for a great drive on a perfect day. So glad we hit T Rd and EP Rd was amazing as well. Probably the two best driving roads I've ever been on. Strong pace on the second lap. Adirondack Park is my favorite area to drive so I rank this as my top s2ki meet thus far! 334 miles on the day. Pictures cominatcha.

Prepping the car the day before:

Drive:

After the drive, cruised south with Aashish who was turning heads in the hardtop LBP:

After Aashish pulled off, an AP1 GPW kept me company for the rest of the way. Quebec plates. s2ks taking over the Northway!

Old 07-31-2011, 02:50 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by riggit tony
Colleen and I had a great day. I am tired as hell. That special road with the bridge was over the top. This is my second trip with you guys and we have had an amazing time. I have learned I have a lot to learn about this car and how to drive it. Colleen and I stopped in Lake George for an ice cream and ran into a customer of mine. He was driving a Viper ST with a FEW modifidciations.He was telling me about Lime Rock and driving school. It just fortified my desire to learn more. After driving with you guys I already knew I had a lot to learn but he just hammered it home for me. It was a PLEASURE meeting everyone today. This is my first year with a car like this and Jeff those roads just taught me I want more, more, more!!!!
Was it a red Viper? If so I passed him yesterday AM on my way to the CP rest area. Not sure if he saw me but I gave him a wave.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:51 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Great pics Mark. Love the pics of the hardtop. Glad that GPW AP1 with Quebec plates caught up with you. That was what I was trying to tell you yesterday albeit unsuccessfully
Old 07-31-2011, 03:11 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Thanks for sharing the pics Mark.....in my haste to leave the house yesterday I forgot my camera.
We lucked out and had perfect weather for the drive.
Jeff does a great job in leading his "seat of the pants" drives up this way. Some of those roads I'd never been on, especially at such a pace.
I know Jeff had me fooled about the washed out bridge, it was good we didn't have to drive through water to get to the other side!
It was great to meet Rob, Corey, Steve and Colleen for the first time, I hope we can meet up again. I really liked Rob's apex blue color, it looks a lot better in person. Steve/Colleen's hood is nice and Corey's is such a beast, especially when it backfires!
Mark, I hope your car is fine after getting too close to the road.
I hope Dave made it home on time.
After leaving the pack on Lincoln Pond Rd I took my time driving back to Plattsburgh by way of more back roads...it was such a nice day for a ride.
Looking forward to Aashish's video, he always does a good job on his documentaries.
Hopefully next year will bring more of the same.
Levi
Old 07-31-2011, 04:05 AM

Looks like fun guys!! Great photos

Sorry just a tad to far for me... I will be at Tri State
Old 07-31-2011, 05:58 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
Glad that GPW AP1 with Quebec plates caught up with you. That was what I was trying to tell you yesterday albeit unsuccessfully
Haha, yeah. It didn't click for me until I saw him. My cell and stereo are useless above 50 mph--too much wind and exhaust noise.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:21 AM

Received 390 Likes on 234 Posts

What a great day! Another perfect weather drive! How can it be? Our luck never extends this long! Thanks again Jeff for your efforts! Excellent roads- I only fell asleep once on Ensign pond road!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2
Originally Posted by riggit tony' timestamp='1312077451' post='20831838
Was it a red Viper? If so I passed him yesterday AM on my way to the CP rest area. Not sure if he saw me but I gave him a wave.
Nope Black with red interior and red roll bars. Stupid me didn't take a damn picture.

Quick Reply: July 30 - North Country - Solidarity Drive For Levi