New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Jeff (blueosprey90) goes racing in his MG A

Old 04-07-2010, 12:53 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts
Red face Jeff (blueosprey90) goes racing in his MG A

Several of you may have seen Jeff AKA Disgruntled Publicus (blueosprey90) post on here. Jeff lives in CT, but his heart is with Upstate.

Met him last year at Formula H, and then again on our awesome Black & Blue Drive for Levi in the North Country. Jeff also went out his way when I was home shopping. He spent several hours of his lawyer time on the phone giving me advice and all the more even drove up from CT with Nancy (his wonderful wife) to do a complete structural on the home we eventually settled on. He was so thorough in his structural that I was not too happy with the job the home inspector eventually did. I needed parental advice, and he gave me as much as any of my parents would and for which I shall forever be beholden to him

As all of you are probably aware, Jeff has purchased an MG A and is all set to do a Paul Newman setting the VSCCA ablaze.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=739936&st=0
He starts racing this Saturday, and I felt we should have a thread to wish him well and follow his progress with his MG A roadster.

Part of what makes Upstate a great community is how much we care for our own, and it is my hope that you will all join in wishing Jeff well and convey your advice and suggestions on this thread. When he is out on track, he will know he has a captive fan base rooting for him and that should egg him on to push for the checkered flag.

Jeff's race car:

Jeff's Uniform:

Jeff and his Berlina at the Black & Blue drive for Levi (checkout the cool shirt)

Left to Right: Levi, Jeff, Nancy and JJ
Old 04-07-2010, 12:54 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Jeff - may the force (of Senna, Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel et.al) be with you. I wish you all the very best for race day.

Please know that if you ever needed an extra pit crew member, all you need to do is call me
Old 04-07-2010, 01:19 PM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

Why Thank You Aashish! Very kind of you.

I was going to post this on the "Am I Nuts? thread, but I'll post it here as well.

I be ready (I think)!

It has been an exhausting experience and I still don't have the oil leak fully solved. I need a team of mechanics. I'm going to try to load on the trailer tonight! Pocono Raceway North, here I come!

(Incidently, I have another picture with THAT SHIRT. I'll post it somewhere because I know JJ wants to get you one
Old 04-07-2010, 01:30 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Good luck Jeff. You'll have way more fun than any of us this weekend !!!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:32 PM

I read my first post on the "Am I Nuts?" thread. The only person from Upstate who gave me "sensible" advice was Doug. He said "Don't do it!" He's a very young man!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 PM

Good luck Jeff. You'll have way more fun than any of us this weekend !!!!!
That assumes I don't kill myself. Nancy has gone through all my bills and made sure all my life insurance policies are paid to date! I wonder if she gets double indemnity.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:05 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90,Apr 7 2010, 04:19 PM

I be ready (I think)!

(Incidently, I have another picture with THAT SHIRT. I'll post it somewhere because I know JJ wants to get you one
Looks awesome Jeff

Go out and have fun. You will do well. Why do I say that? That's because the S2000 trains you, turns you into a better driver

No! dont post a pic of that shirt, please I beseech thee
Old 04-07-2010, 02:06 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90,Apr 7 2010, 04:32 PM
I read my first post on the "Am I Nuts?" thread. The only person from Upstate who gave me "sensible" advice was Doug. He said "Don't do it!" He's a very young man!
He is sensible. I think he was referring to how it could turn into a money pit and a nightmare for someone that does not know a thing about cars. But you are good
Old 04-07-2010, 02:21 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Jeff - not sure if I shared this link with you. You may find it helpful.

http://gvc-bmwcca.org/DrivingSchool/...hronicles.aspx

This was written by Doug's boss
Old 04-07-2010, 06:45 PM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Have a great time Jeff! It will be a blast! Be safe!

Quick Reply: Jeff (blueosprey90) goes racing in his MG A