New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Help needed with my situation! :(

Old 09-02-2009, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed with my situation! :(

Hey guys this is the first time I'm posting in this region. I just moved up to north jersey last week since I will be attending school here. I was wondering if someone can help me out and give me some insight on my situation.

Last night I was headed back up to my apartment from south jersey, it was really late and I was getting tired so I was speeding at about 90 on the Garden State Parkway. Yes, I know that is a crap load over! Just to let you know I have a clean driving record and I usually never speed! BUT of course i got pulled over!! After all the info swapping, the state trooper said he was giving me a "BIG break." He said he was going to give me a summons, and instead of clocking me at 90 mph, he wrote 79 mph in a 55 mph zone, but also in a construction zone, which I wasn't aware of it because there was nothing in miles, just cones laid in the left lane.

So my first question, what is the difference between a summons compared to a speeding ticket? I do not know this information because I have never been pulled over before.

So today, i tried to log in on this website to see how much my penalty is and how many points I was given since its not listed on the ticket, but the website was unable to locate my ticket. Then I called this number on the back of the ticket, but the person I spoke to said they wouldn't have my information for about 7 days since it just happened. It's killing me because I can't wait and I want to know.

Second question, how big of a fine should I expect and am I in deep S*** with points on my license?!?!?!

Sorry for the first long post, this is just my first ticket and I'm freaking out, and this is all new to me! So if anybody can give me information, it would be much appreciated! thank you!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry I meant to post this in the metro area. If you could please close this thread! sorry!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Summons means you need to appear. Also, my insurance rep advised me to be careful as tickets in a construction zone will cause cancellation of my policy.
You'll need a lawyer sir....