New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Grrrrr.....I hate Delta Sonic

Old 04-28-2003, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug,
Decided to get an exhaust after my son added his HKS.
Why Spugen?
Price: $495+75 shipping
Look: looks like stock except chrome muffler, I picked oval muffler/round tips
Quality: strong positive response from everyone including customer service
Performance: dyno results of 5+ horsepower stated
Opinion after I installed:
I agree with everyone's opinion on the build quality. worse part of install was removing stock muffler hangers, it helped using floor jack to support system while removing.
Spugen went on very easy, total time of install, no more than an hour.
When I first started it up and heard it I thought I made a mistake it was loud, until I backed it out of garage and it warmed up.
Driving experience was great, around the 3-4K rpm's it sounds a little boomy but real sweet beyond that, seems to reach rpms quicker, it also feels as though it breathes better (more responsive). While driving Sunday did not feel any heat up thru emergency break handle area. After driving I got out and could rest my hand on the muffler,only warm not HOT! this tells me the exhaust flows easier (less back pressure).
All I can say is WOW!! what a sweet sound above 4k rpm, now it really sounds like a sports car.
Loudness from what I've heard; I'd rate sound level between Neuspeed and Tanabe racing medallion "Just right"

James, sorry for drifting away from car wash topic
Will a Japanese Beer work?
Old 04-28-2003, 06:07 PM

Whoa, nice house, Jeff. Oh wait, he's showing us his waxed cars... Seriously though, nice cars looks better infront of a good backdrop.

What Delta Sonic did sounds kind of like Microsoft to me. Good thing I have decided to detail my Maxima my self instead of paying them $200. I just have to find a good weekend one of these days. The only thing I'm going to have them do is a $30 engine bay steam clean and detail.

-John
Old 04-28-2003, 06:46 PM

Jeff, thanks for the beer......that will do fine

And John, yeah I agree. I was a pretty upset, they have lines out into the road all the time. It just didn't seem nessecary to do what they did.
By the way, Did looking at my car today make you want to bump up that 2004 purchase date
Old 04-28-2003, 08:35 PM

Just reading this site everyday makes me want to do that. But I am trying very hard to just wait a bit longer.

I'll just fill in the details for everybody else. I ate lunch at the office today... Seeing as how it was such a nice day, I decide to go out for a drive and grab a Wendy's Frosty. Knowing James works next door to Wendy's, I decide to drop by say hi and check out his S. That supercharger looks awesome. And the guages on the A-Pillar looks really cool too.

Gotta let us know the specs after you get it tuned and dyno'ed.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, you work at the Jefferson Road location?

Remember buddy, if you ever need help getting through the wait, give me a call. I can tell you stories of how I got through my multi-year wait, and then we can go out for a little
&
Old 04-29-2003, 04:43 AM

Jeff, that thing looks great. I need to hear it!!! The one I keep contemplating is the Invidia. My friend Marco in Toronto got one and he just loves it. The Invidia has the ability to remove the silencers so it can really scream; this would be great at the track.

Thing is though, a close friend of mine is trying to convince me I should do a group buy on the forum for Supersprint. The Supersprint is the most common in the BMW circles locally and my friend has very strong connections with the company. In fact so strong when I told him I did not like the oval tips, he said no problem; I can get them to manufacturer anything you want as far as the tip is concerned.

So yes, I'm wearing my hair out
Old 04-29-2003, 02:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B]John, you work at the Jefferson Road location?
Old 04-30-2003, 06:09 AM

Anytime John, you got the number....