New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Gilly needs a job!

Old 06-25-2009 | 05:49 AM
15 Year Member

ok i'll check back later i have to go to the mall and drop off my SS card to the new employer.

thanks again everyone (jeff especially you!) hopefully this will work so your and my efforts aren't wasted!
Old 06-25-2009 | 06:00 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak,Jun 25 2009, 05:49 AM
ok i'll check back later i have to go to the mall and drop off my SS card to the new employer.
and dont airhorn people that are slower than you are. One of them could have a job that needs someone like you
Old 06-25-2009 | 07:03 AM

did you apply to moog?
Old 06-25-2009 | 07:50 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by eric,Jun 25 2009, 11:03 AM
did you apply to moog?
Yes sir I did apply to moog
Old 06-25-2009 | 07:57 AM
15 Year Member

Good Boy!

O.K. The Gilly Project has given you a lot to swallow. And The Project will try to leave you alone for a bit - give you some breathing room. But,

1. Do you think that you can get a security clearance to work for these governmental contractors and/or the government?

2. Keep in mind that The Gilly Project needs to get you hired for a job that doesn't exist. So we need to have a better picture of your biggest accomplishments since employers want to know what you can do for them more than they want to know what you learned from your prior experience. For example, you've customised your car to increase power and performance. Even with bolt on parts, that's more than I've done. So we need to make you stand out from all the other great candidates who have better grade point averages. I had a crappy GPA, but was able to explain it away since I pretty much worked my way through school. So what I lacked in academics, I made up for in self motivation. We'll need to paint that kind of picture if we can.

3. Zippy and the others have given some good web sites to mine. But once The Gilly Project is satisfied that you "have cleaned up nicely", The Project will have to rack its collective brains for any engineering contacts that we have so that we can drop your resume on their desks with the request to pass along.

4. Any blind resume that you sent out more than 2 or 3 months ago is probably in the circular file. And since you've now graduated and are immediately available, your situation is changed. So you are probably going to want to refile some of those when we are ready.

I won't post any more until tomorrow. Have to keep my job after all.
Old 06-25-2009 | 08:55 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by blueosprey90,Jun 25 2009, 11:57 AM
Good Boy!

O.K. The Gilly Project has given you a lot to swallow. And The Project will try to leave you alone for a bit - give you some breathing room. But,

1. Do you think that you can get a security clearance to work for these governmental contractors and/or the government?

2. Keep in mind that The Gilly Project needs to get you hired for a job that doesn't exist. So we need to have a better picture of your biggest accomplishments since employers want to know what you can do for them more than they want to know what you learned from your prior experience. For example, you've customised your car to increase power and performance. Even with bolt on parts, that's more than I've done. So we need to make you stand out from all the other great candidates who have better grade point averages. I had a crappy GPA, but was able to explain it away since I pretty much worked my way through school. So what I lacked in academics, I made up for in self motivation. We'll need to paint that kind of picture if we can.

3. Zippy and the others have given some good web sites to mine. But once The Gilly Project is satisfied that you "have cleaned up nicely", The Project will have to rack its collective brains for any engineering contacts that we have so that we can drop your resume on their desks with the request to pass along.

4. Any blind resume that you sent out more than 2 or 3 months ago is probably in the circular file. And since you've now graduated and are immediately available, your situation is changed. So you are probably going to want to refile some of those when we are ready.

I won't post any more until tomorrow. Have to keep my job after all.
i can definitely get a security clearance (as far as i know)

I will make a document with my accomplishments and explain my gpa to the best of my ability.

hopefully i can clean up nicely fairly quickly so i don't waste your time (everyone)

thanks for the websites so far everyone, i will be making profiles on all of them which i have not done yet tonight or tomorrow (my brother, sister in law, and niece come in tonight so i may have trouble getting it done tonight)

Old 06-25-2009 | 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak,Jun 25 2009, 10:50 AM
Yes sir I did apply to moog
what group?

to whom?
Old 06-25-2009 | 09:26 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by eric,Jun 25 2009, 01:22 PM
what group?

to whom?
I would have to go back and check, but i used their online application system. This means i went to any group who had an opening that I meet the requirements for.

I will have to go back and apply to more this coming weekend (this week has been killer for me between helping my mom after her surgery for breast cancer and starting a new part time job)

I also will be gone next week (Just to let you all know!!) and I'm not sure how my internet access is going to be in Chicago at my girlfriends house.
Old 06-25-2009 | 09:29 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak,Jun 25 2009, 09:26 AM
I would have to go back and check, but i used their online application system. This means i went to any group who had an opening that I meet the requirements for.

I will have to go back and apply to more this coming weekend (this week has been killer for me between helping my mom after her surgery for breast cancer and starting a new part time job)

I also will be gone next week (Just to let you all know!!) and I'm not sure how my internet access is going to be in Chicago at my girlfriends house.
You should have checked already before you responded Do it, perhaps Eric knows someone that he can send your resume to. Remember its not what you know, but who you know.
Old 06-25-2009 | 09:30 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by aashish2,Jun 25 2009, 01:29 PM
You should have checked already before you responded Do it, perhaps Eric knows someone that he can send your resume to. Remember its not what you know, but who you know.
hehe i'm checking right now. i just wanted to respond as soon as I could because I feel weird with this thread being all about helping me find a job!

Quick Reply: Gilly needs a job!