New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Gilly needs a job!

Old 07-11-2009 | 03:24 PM
15 Year Member

Updated resume V1.0... again the format is wrong due to copying and pasting into S2KI. i will try to save as JPEG and then put in as a photo for proper formatting.
This still has some work to be done to it... but i need to take a break and work on my cover letter a little bit.

STEVEN T. GILLMEISTER
Steven.gillmeister@gmail.com
(443) 386-4955 (cell)
(716) 204-8007 (home)
122 King Anthony Way Getzville, NY 14068

EDUCATION

2005-2009 The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with Aerospace Concentration
Dean
Old 07-11-2009 | 03:28 PM
15 Year Member

not sure how well this will turn out...

Old 07-11-2009 | 03:29 PM
15 Year Member

yea it didn't turn out well.. but you can see what the format is supposed to look like with the words in the previous post. click it a couple times and you can see the real jpeg which is normal size
Old 07-12-2009 | 02:45 AM

Looks impressive Steve, good luck finding something suitable
Old 07-13-2009 | 05:33 AM
15 Year Member

Looks good! I have a couple of minor comments/questions but will have to get back to you due to lack of time today. Jeff
Old 07-13-2009 | 06:21 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by blueosprey90,Jul 13 2009, 09:33 AM
Looks good! I have a couple of minor comments/questions but will have to get back to you due to lack of time today. Jeff
like i said it was V 1.0.. there's a couple things i wasn't happy about as well... was having difficulty finding some power words... have a website about that now... and also need to work on the research job description.
Old 07-13-2009 | 06:40 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
15 Year Member

^^ good work Gilly, try and get a final version out as soon as you can. Then it will take on a life of its own and make its way to some unexpected corner where a job may exist awaiting you
Old 07-15-2009 | 02:59 PM
15 Year Member

Gilly, I sent you an e-mail with my number. If you don't see it, check you spam. Aashish and others have been very supportive of your mother, and I too wish to express my best wishes to her for a speedy recovery. I'm not sure whether you have indicated what kind of cancer she has (I don't read all the posts), but I hope it is treatable and that she is able to get into remission. I'm glad to see that you are being supportive of her because that has to be very important to her. The "Big C" is not a diagnosis anyone wants to hear since the treatments alone can just about kill you. I hope your family can keep her spirits up. Some of her friends, and maybe some family members, won't know how to react - and they will disappear and never call. How do you speak to someone who may be dying of cancer? Hopefully she has a good prognosis. But in any case, the best thing you can do is to try to understand what she is going through, ask her about her treatments and how she feels and just be there to discuss whatever is on her mind. If you just once a week set aside an hour to take her to lunch or to the park, and be there for her to express her feelings, she will very much appreciate it. I know that's not a guy thing to do - and it will be hard to kind of just be there as a sounding board - but whatever the outcome, you'll feel better for having done so. And she'll feel better too. My wife and I have found that just being there, available to listen, has provided significant satisfaction to our friends who have been seriously ill. When they were really, really sick, we felt kind of stupid because at that point we had to do all of the talking - like talking to ourselfs. But we knew (well, sort of) they could hear and appreciated our babble. So heed this advice and keep your mom first. Jeff
Old 07-15-2009 | 03:02 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
15 Year Member

^^ That is sound advice Jeff and applies to all of us
Old 07-16-2009 | 10:15 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by blueosprey90,Jul 15 2009, 06:59 PM
Gilly, I sent you an e-mail with my number. If you don't see it, check you spam. Aashish and others have been very supportive of your mother, and I too wish to express my best wishes to her for a speedy recovery. I'm not sure whether you have indicated what kind of cancer she has (I don't read all the posts), but I hope it is treatable and that she is able to get into remission. I'm glad to see that you are being supportive of her because that has to be very important to her. The "Big C" is not a diagnosis anyone wants to hear since the treatments alone can just about kill you. I hope your family can keep her spirits up. Some of her friends, and maybe some family members, won't know how to react - and they will disappear and never call. How do you speak to someone who may be dying of cancer? Hopefully she has a good prognosis. But in any case, the best thing you can do is to try to understand what she is going through, ask her about her treatments and how she feels and just be there to discuss whatever is on her mind. If you just once a week set aside an hour to take her to lunch or to the park, and be there for her to express her feelings, she will very much appreciate it. I know that's not a guy thing to do - and it will be hard to kind of just be there as a sounding board - but whatever the outcome, you'll feel better for having done so. And she'll feel better too. My wife and I have found that just being there, available to listen, has provided significant satisfaction to our friends who have been seriously ill. When they were really, really sick, we felt kind of stupid because at that point we had to do all of the talking - like talking to ourselfs. But we knew (well, sort of) they could hear and appreciated our babble. So heed this advice and keep your mom first. Jeff
That is great advice. a couple times a day i ask how she's doing. and because i have no job i've been with her the whole time. She had breast cancer. we thought it was non invasive, however after augmenting the breast they found out that it had spread a little bit. chemo is going to reduce the chance of spreading from 30% to about 2 or 3%

Quick Reply: Gilly needs a job!