New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Fall Harvest Meet

Old 05-05-2014, 04:56 PM

Received 390 Likes on 234 Posts

I have secured the venue and date for the Saturday night banquet ( Nice menu). Am in the final stages of fine tuning the drive route. Bring your cameras- gorgeous vistas!Hotel is nailed down! Comfort suites, rate is $119 plus tax. All rooms are suites with breakfast included. Gas station at entrance to hotel driveway. I intend to make this a fun time for everyone.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:23 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Thanks for your work Dave.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:58 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

We are planning on making this happen for us.

Dave, we are available as tail gunners if you need one. We can supply references.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey

Dave, we are available as tail gunners if you need one. We can supply references.
Music to my ears!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

^For a small fee!!!

Unfortunately, will probably not be able to make this one. If I can, it will be a last minute call.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1399406284' post='23147066

^For a small fee!!!

Unfortunately, will probably not be able to make this one. If I can, it will be a last minute call.
A fee you say? Well that's not nice.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by A 2
People will show up on drive day. The locals don't need to plan for this right away, unless people coming from the West need to book into an event-specific hotel.
Not sure how Dave will plan this, but FWIW, Fall Crawl and Nor'easter events required registration, and payment to participate, as it was an insured event. In addition to insurance, there are other behind the scene costs of event planning which must be covered and firm numbers are needed to plan for hotel banquets, etc. Neither the Fall Crawl, nor the Nor'easter allowed for folks who only planned to participate on the drive. The organizers did not feel that was fair to those who did pay to participate.

I know a registration fee can scare some folks away and it shouldn't. Registration fees generally cover Saturday night banquets, and additional items related to the event. Participating in the Saturday night banquet is part of the fun of a weekend event.

How Dave plans this is up to him, and I'm sure he will let us know which way the wind blows on this.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:34 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

^ no biggie. It will go however Dave plans it. If there has to be a fee so be it. Let him decide the details and let us know. Until such time it's all speculation.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by A 2' timestamp='1396749596' post='23099211
People will show up on drive day. The locals don't need to plan for this right away, unless people coming from the West need to book into an event-specific hotel.
Not sure how Dave will plan this, but FWIW, Fall Crawl and Nor'easter events required registration, and payment to participate, as it was an insured event. In addition to insurance, there are other behind the scene costs of event planning which must be covered and firm numbers are needed to plan for hotel banquets, etc. Neither the Fall Crawl, nor the Nor'easter allowed for folks who only planned to participate on the drive. The organizers did not feel that was fair to those who did pay to participate.

I know a registration fee can scare some folks away and it shouldn't. Registration fees generally cover Saturday night banquets, and additional items related to the event. Participating in the Saturday night banquet is part of the fun of a weekend event.

How Dave plans this is up to him, and I'm sure he will let us know which way the wind blows on this.
Thank you Lainey for saving me some explanation. Yes there are many hidden expenses and benefits for attendees. As you pointed out insurance is one of them, as well as the banquet, meet magnets, badges, lanyards, goody bags etc, lunch etc. Hotel and banquet have required quotas too. Registration is therefore a must.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:46 PM

Not speculating. Just tossed it out there as some events ARE planned that way. The decision is Dave's.

Quick Reply: Fall Harvest Meet