New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Anyone here near Lake Sacandaga???

Old 11-14-2003, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here near Lake Sacandaga???

My parents just purchased a house in the area, was wondering if there was anyone on this board up in the area???

If so, do you snowmobile/jetski...whatev, because I have a jetski and would like to learn some of the local stuff. Obviously I don't need this info for like 6 months or so, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2003, 06:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah yes, north of Albany.
Yes, there are several members in the general Albany area.
They are not real active on the site, but we do have members out there.
Here are a few that come to mind
RIDGERCR
NNY s2k
soopa
Firehouse
Hicotane
takanezawa
2k2S2000NY
Gedrew
Old 11-16-2003, 01:00 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

What end of the lake? Gloversville or more north towards Glens Falls? Seeing as how it is only a 2-3 hr ride for me let me know when you'll be in the area. I'm not into the jet skiing thing so can't help you out there.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:33 AM

Thanks for the replies guys, the thing is, they bought this house and had to gut it completely, all the way down to the bare walls due to rodents, etc. living in them. So it should be done in about a month or so. It is in Edinburgh, right near the point that splits the lake. I think that is the northern area, but not exactly sure.

Maybe I will have a little meet up there next summer one weekend, we can toy with the S's and make some use of the lake. I honestly don't know when I will make it up there, probably the week after Christmas to spend some time with my family. Since the weather is so crappy, maybe you would want to wait til the spring or summer NNY S2k to come and visit, but I'll keep you posted as to when I will be up.

Thanks again,
Sean
Old 11-17-2003, 12:37 AM

Edinburgh is the northern side, closer to the Glens Falls area. I don't take my S out much this time of year, so definatly will have to wait till spring fo a trip that far. We will have plenty of time to figure things out. Do you use your S as a daily driver?
Old 11-17-2003, 05:16 AM

Yes I drive mine year round, I made it through last year on a new set of Yoko's avs es100's, but I bought an extra set of rims and Blizzak LM-22's for the winter this go around. My father actually has one too, but its the garage queen, he is more into triathlons so he is out doing that instead of driving, hence #216 ever produced, that he bought in October 1999 with under 10k miles, haha. Me on the other hand, I have 21k after abotu 20 months so I am getting some good use out of it. How about yourself?
Old 11-17-2003, 06:00 AM

In a sense mine would be considered a garage queen too. Although it will come out in the winter it is only when the roads are clear, last winter from Nov. to March I don't think I put on 500 miles. Never did get a set of snow tires for it. I have an old 91 Ranger 4x4 that is my main ride during the winter. What color S is in your dad's garage?
It is supposed to get up around 40 today so I may be taking it out for an afternoon ride to lube everthing up.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:26 PM

Mine is the sebring silver and my father's is a silverstone, which I actually prefer, so maybe the next one will be...
Old 11-17-2003, 03:02 PM

I know where that area is. You can drive all the around that lake, its got about 3 or 4 bars on the lake with good twistys! The lake is about 34 miles long and is man made. I will keep my S on the road until that nasty salt hits the streets. My family has a camp on the lake just outside of Amsterdam at Sunset Bay in Mayfield. There is a ton of sledding during the winter, but watch out for ice heaves. they are deadly and you never know where or when they pop up. It's because the Black River Assoc. lets water out of the lake throughout the year and the ice slips down. Sometimes I have seen 3 foot heaves. You hit them, and your doing some airtime!! I live about 45 minutes from the lake.
Old 11-17-2003, 03:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hioctane
I know where that area is.

Quick Reply: Anyone here near Lake Sacandaga???