New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Another New Owner

Old 03-15-2002, 09:06 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts
Default Another New Owner

After waiting for "spring" to arrive me and the Mrs. went to Vermont Thur. 3/14 to check out a few dealers and thier stock. To make a long story short we ended up trading our 99 Eclipse gs for a 02 suzuka blue s2000. Drove it home yesterday evening, and as luck would have it awake this am to sleet and freezing rain so left it in garage. Can't wait to get the 600 miles on it.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratualtions!! I like the Suzaka Blue color a lot. The pictures do not do it justice. Of course, S2000's in general don't photograph well, at least to me. I picked mine up on Wednesday (3/13). Since then I've put 230 miles on her, all just meandering around town with no particular destination in mind. This car is a blast! Enjoy yours and maybe I'll see you around if you ever get up to Rochester.
Old 03-16-2002, 07:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time for a weekend trip to NYC and back (no stopping except for gas), just for the halibut...
Old 03-16-2002, 09:48 AM

NNY S2k - Welcome to the Upstate Region! We have a growing community here, congrats on your sudden purchase! This is just so great, I'm so happy more and more people are finding s2ki. Believe me, there is a lot of great info here and we as a region are going to have to get together soon!

So clearly you are our most northern member, Plattsburgh! Beautiful area of the state, lots of fun roads to play on. I have spent a lot of time in the area; my parents had a home on Black Lake for many years. The number one reason I have 49,000 miles on my motorcycle.

I must also congratulate you on your color selection. Although it is to subtle for me ('02 Spa coming soon ) I do like the interior being something other than boring black and it is unique.
Old 03-16-2002, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and yes now Daveg27 and i have 400miles on her. He's out right now with his buddy at the acura dealer in e. rochester looking at the used 2000 silver. it was funny as hell, dave has been talking shit for over a year on 20 different cars we would like to get, but of course not doing anything. our buddy comes over today with no idea that the spa yellow was in the garage. after looking at all of the car brochures we got over the past 2 weeks, they leave out the front door. i hit the garage opener and our buddy drops his keys and laughs histarically for about 10 minutes,,, along with the puddle of drool on the ground. rothf!!!
He couldn't believe it.. it was so hard not to tell him... but damn it was worth the expression on his face!!! anyway, we may have another owner joining our midsts this week if he gets the silver one.... very cool. but hey i want my own too!!! maybe next year.
Old 03-16-2002, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by evil girl
He's out right now with his buddy at the acura dealer in e. rochester looking at the used 2000 silver.
Quick, call him on the cell phone.
Have your friend speak to Jon Cull, tell him I sent you, it could save him some $$$. Jon has driven the Silverstone Red/Black for a year or so himself. He just put new tires on it and has taken very good care of it.
Douglas Hood
Old 03-16-2002, 12:50 PM

Car now 3 days old...170 miles....topped off tank today, can't believe gas has gone up 10 cents/gal in last 7 days, took just over 7 gallons ...so getting about 24 mpg so far. Had went to dealer with intention of buying silver/black but when we saw the blue it changed our minds. Our 99 eclipse was silver with black interior so we are hoping the blue will stay cooler on those sunny days. As some of you know the area up here is really great for driving a car like the s2000, not much traffic and plenty of winding roads...just take a trip up to Lake Placid sometime. I have been monitoring this site for about 6 weeks, you all have been a great help in our decision to buy the S2000....and even for the short time we have had it we sure do get a lot of rubberneck people looking at it!
Old 03-18-2002, 04:58 AM

Originally posted by NNY S2k
I have been monitoring this site for about 6 weeks, you all have been a great help in our decision to buy the S2000!
What a nice thing to say!
Old 03-19-2002, 12:38 PM

Where is the best place to get a V-1?
Old 03-19-2002, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by NNY S2k
Where is the best place to get a V-1?
You can consider the web site:
http://www.valentine1.com/

And check out all these links and then report back later with the best price.
http://directory.google.com/Top/Shopping/V...adar_Equipment/

Quick Reply: Another New Owner