New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

5/7 SAT- Saratoga Auto Museum & Great Lake Sacandaga Tour

Old 05-04-2011, 02:50 PM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

Sorry that I'll be missing this drive. Keep safe and have fun! I hope you (and me) are blessed with good weather.

There is still a very remote chance that I might join you -- if I get Black Flagged on Friday for excessive sound! No sense hanging out at the track if I can't run. But I am bringing a few exhaust modifications with me, so I hope I can bob and weave around the sound issue. Still putting out about 92 dB with the Car Chemistry insert, but I'm also bringing my SuperTrap tip and a new 10" Supertrap muffler. if I have to use one or the other, I just hope those Super Traps don't fall off!

Book arrived Aashish. Thanks.

Jeff
Old 05-04-2011, 04:45 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Just mapped the starting point - right off 87 Don't get much easier than that

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a gas station nearby? Is this the same place we mat last year with the big Mobil (?) just to the right of McD?
yep! there is and we nominate you to do a John in case he doesn't show up and surprise us
Old 05-04-2011, 04:46 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Sorry that I'll be missing this drive. Keep safe and have fun! I hope you (and me) are blessed with good weather.

There is still a very remote chance that I might join you -- if I get Black Flagged on Friday for excessive sound! No sense hanging out at the track if I can't run. But I am bringing a few exhaust modifications with me, so I hope I can bob and weave around the sound issue. Still putting out about 92 dB with the Car Chemistry insert, but I'm also bringing my SuperTrap tip and a new 10" Supertrap muffler. if I have to use one or the other, I just hope those Super Traps don't fall off!

Book arrived Aashish. Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff, while we'd love if you came, I'd not want you to lose out on track time that has already been paid for. We'll be thinking of you. Im sure your car will do alright with the sound police.

Hope you enjoy the company of Skippy Welcher, Big Ed Baumstein, Cal Carrington and Buddy Palumbo
Old 05-04-2011, 04:56 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Just did a pre-drive of the Lakes to Locks Passage section so that I had all my reference points in mind. JJ was along for the ride and it was beautiful. With all the rain we had the water was gushing over the locks in several section and it was all very scenic through Washington and Saratoga counties.

I'm hoping there will be water flowing at that rate on Saturday as well through the locks. It is a sight to behold for sure. We stopped to have dinner at Peddlers as well. I made a reservation for 4:30 PM on the name of Upstate New York S2000 Owners. I need to call them on Saturday AM and let them know how many people will be coming. They said it will be hard to arrange for us to sit outdoors. Somehow, I dont think that will be a problem after being out in the sun all day. The Manager offered their valet parking service as well, which I declined knowing how much we'd be disinclined to have someone else park for us.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:57 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Anyone hear from Mooskee Don. Im hoping he can come to see us at McDonalds
Old 05-05-2011, 04:53 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

See you all in another 48 hours

Old 05-05-2011, 05:09 AM

Received 393 Likes on 236 Posts

Aashish, aren't we meeting at exit 8 of the Northway at Mc D's? If so it's a hess station next door not Mobil.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:13 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Headchef
Aashish, aren't we meeting at exit 8 of the Northway at Mc D's? If so it's a hess station next door not Mobil.

That is correct Dave. Meetup point is the same as last year. EXIT 8 of the Northway. follow signs to the McDonalds.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
yep! there is and we nominate you to do a John in case he doesn't show up and surprise us
I remember that well -- and -- no freaking way
Old 05-05-2011, 02:07 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Weather is a coinflip at this point. Scattered rain.

Quick Reply: 5/7 SAT- Saratoga Auto Museum & Great Lake Sacandaga Tour