New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

2012 Knapp Sporting Roadster Tour Pics and Discussion

Old 09-09-2012, 02:42 PM

Received 707 Likes on 413 Posts

Guys, i said it in the other thread as well. but i had a very very good time. this was just what catherine and i needed before she leaves for chicago on wednesday. thank you to all of those in the house, especially john and christine, for the wonderful weekend. I'm actually feeling depressed right now because it didn't last longer.

My hands look old in those pictures.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:22 AM

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Wow, what a great weekend! Just a few things I needed to say here:

First and foremost...

Doug - thank you so much for the time and effort you put into the run this year. The directions were excellent (despite me getting heat from the navigator for not following them at one point and following Eric instead) and there was a great mix of fun roads and scenic views. You have left large shoes to fill for next year.

JB - the car looks and sounds great. It was so much better getting the work done on your lift rather than trying to do it all in my driveway. Your garage is awesome, I hope I can expand mine out to something approaching that someday. I'll take a raincheck on a ride in the NSX, but rest assured, the next case of beer is on me.

John and Christine - only the two most kick-ass party hosts ever! Seriously, you guys have no idea how much time and effort they put into making this party as fun as it is, and the effort really showed. The food was delicious (and there was plenty of it too!), and I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday evening after all the festivities the day beforehand.

Kenta - I can't believe the coincidence that you had a brand new computer power supply you brought with you and were looking to get rid of the week after I just built a new computer and decided to pass on a new psu. Thank you so much for that, it was very needed!

Brian - send me the recipe for that moonshine. Seriously some of the best liquid refreshment I've ever tasted.

Everyone Else - it just wouldn't be as fun without all of you there. I have a blast with all of you every time we get together.

I have some pictures and another video from this year's parade lap I need to post up later.

EDIT: forgot a shout-out!

Mother Nature - FU.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tadashi
I look like some a-hole flexing in this picture...

What I was trying to do was show how the hail hit my car like someone with a ball-peen hammer. I was making hammering motions like a moron instead of a (nonexistent) muscle-flexing motion...
Old 09-10-2012, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Think I spotted Marc and Sarah on the Thruway near Lancaster Speedway this morning. Yellow AP2 headed west. I was heading east on the way back from my vacation.
About 11:00 or so? Probably us...
Old 09-10-2012, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still can't believe the size of those hail stones

I hope the paintless dent repair people make all your cars just perfect
Old 09-10-2012, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the panoramic photos Brian! That hail is SO sorry that damaged so many of your cars

I will be tempted to bring my car cover next time if the weather looks iffy. Takes up most of truck but might be worth having.

I am very pleased with myself for taking PEOPLE pics this year After 6 years of all car photos this was a nice change.

I guess we need to thank Aashish for not attending since that is what prompted many of them

Speaking of attending events -- Aashish: Mark is thinking about coming to Fall Crawl - especially if YOU and JJ do!!

Plus, I could REALLY use some moral support at this event PLEASE consider signing up to attend as a huge personal favor to me...
Old 09-10-2012, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
I still can't believe the size of those hail stones

I hope the paintless dent repair people make all your cars just perfect
just got done counting the dents on the hood. 27. and a few along side of the car and the rear quarters.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
just got done counting the dents on the hood. 27. and a few along side of the car and the rear quarters.
WTF, OMG
Old 09-10-2012, 08:35 AM

yeah tell me about it. going to get an estimate on saturday.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 AM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Getting my estimate tomorrow and we will see how close it is to the dent guys estimate grr

Quick Reply: 2012 Knapp Sporting Roadster Tour Pics and Discussion