New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

WWYD if you lost someone, or everything?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy WWYD if you lost someone, or everything?

kind of random, but this morning I got a call from wife who was told that one of our friends had a brain aneurysm and subsequently went into a coma. The Drs said she would remain like that "vegetable" for I guess the remainder of her life. The husband would whisper to her and her heart rate would spike (made me cry, very sad), but ultimately she was pulled off of life support I did not really know them that well, but my Wife did and she was obviously upset as they were just married last month and you can imagine what the family is going through.

Anyway I have told my wife that if something ever happened to her I really do not know what I would do with myself. I tend to be emotionally unstable at times (glad Im flying your plane right haha) and if I lost her I really feel as though I would withdrawl myself from society and go live in Yosemite in the woods, or live in a barn with a dog and a plane far far away (im not kidding either)

I dunno I think about that a lot and though it sounds strange I sometimes wish I never met my wife or had such a close relationship with my family because the thought of losing them just overwhelms me.

Anyway, this is kinda deep, not sure why I am posting it, but figured maybe you guys think about this type of shit too?

On a lighter note my Turbo should be arriving in a few weeks (just the snail itself still some time before its installed)
Old 01-12-2010, 07:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah dude sometime life sucks but we have to keep moving foward and realize that its out of our controll and we could do is hope for the best !

btw : love your sig pic .
Old 01-12-2010, 07:52 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm with ya joey. For better or for worse, I grow very attached to people and things around me and hate change. Whenever I have a personal loss, it hits me and hits me hard. Even "simple" things like how my cat of 10 years passed away about a year ago still bother me even today. There are times where I just ruin my night because I think about him.

As far as life support, I've made it 100% clear I do not want to "live" like that ever. As far as I'm concerned death is only the beginning of another adventure, why postpone it living in a shell of a body?
Old 01-12-2010, 07:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^ very true
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would be a very secluded person from everyone, this has happened to me before and it has affected life drastically. If anything happened to my wife and daughter i would totally lose it. I would probably sell my house and all my cars, then move back to Taiwan/Japan.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My parents, my friends, and my girlfriend were told there was a good chance I was going to die on August 17th 2009. Motorcycle accident almost claimed my life.

From what I was told, it was devastating to all. My gf threw up on the ER floor and collapsed, my parents lost it completely. Dad hysterical, mom put on xanax immediately. The only one who held up was my sister simply because the rest of them couldn't.

I think if anyone I loved was in my situation, I would have reacted the same. I do think about it a lot, especially now, but I do NOT let it consume my life.

If you worry about what could be, you miss what is.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:19 PM

Joey, I rarely post or go to meets but I understand where your coming from. I lost someone close to me once. I would talk to a father figure I have about this and he once said to me. Living with fear is like not living at all. So whenever I start "thinking" too much I repeat that saying. Thats my 2 cents.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by NoRegrets78,Jan 12 2010, 03:28 PM
If you worry about what could be, you miss what is.

my condolonces to your friends family joey.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I feel like that when I lose someone close. I'm 24 and lost my grandma about 3 years ago. It was so tough for me and my family, but we were able to pull through together. It was extremely hard for my grandpa, though, as they were married for close to 60 years. It seemed when she passed away, his health started to deteriorate faster (although he was already 89). He lived FOR her and would cry about her each day. I loved listening to stories he would tell about their life together. When he passed on in June, I was very upset but at the same time I was happy because I know they are together again wherever they are.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while the thought of losing someone so close to me is difficult to even imagine, I am so glad that I have these feelings about my loved ones and am grateful that they feel the same about me.

Joey, I am so sorry for you and your wife's loss. Hopefully her husband can recover and be strong for himself and his family.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a month into marriage? That is truly sad. The family better keep an eye on the husband. I can't imagine the pain that he must be going through right now.

Quick Reply: WWYD if you lost someone, or everything?