New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Who has Krank Vents?

Old 01-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, that's a lil far. I just went to roslyn today to go to princeton ski shop. That was exit 46 or something. Thanks, i might just order these and see how they are. See if they help wiht the oil consumption.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by HKSSupra91,Jan 25 2007, 12:24 AM
wow, that's a lil far. I just went to roslyn today to go to princeton ski shop. That was exit 46 or something. Thanks, i might just order these and see how they are. See if they help wiht the oil consumption.
it's exit 36 or 37 (I grew up around there) so 68 is about an hour further...you went to princton ski shop? shoulda said something, my brother works there maybe he coulda hooked you up......

WITH SOME KRANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 04:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they work very well.I have no noise issue but Billman did the install so what do you expect.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HKSSupra91,Jan 25 2007, 12:24 AM
or you can come check mine out. Im off exit 65. 10 min closer to you than AROD
Old 01-25-2007, 08:44 AM

How many of you guys are FI? I am a little depressed about the power of a stock s2k, but it more than makes up with the handling. I have not felt a turbo or supercharged s2k yet.

I have driven many twin turbo supras and other cars. Anyone closer with FI, really want to see the potential in the s2k. Let me know. Or maybe if theres a future meet to the track or something else I will see it there.

Thanks guys,
Louis
Old 01-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by HKSSupra91,Jan 25 2007, 12:44 PM
How many of you guys are FI? I am a little depressed about the power of a stock s2k, but it more than makes up with the handling. I have not felt a turbo or supercharged s2k yet.

I have driven many twin turbo supras and other cars. Anyone closer with FI, really want to see the potential in the s2k. Let me know. Or maybe if theres a future meet to the track or something else I will see it there.

Thanks guys,
Louis
The only 2 S2000's making 500 plus rwhp are myself and AROD around here. Unless there is someone else that I don't know about.

You might wanna speak to Jacko, thats the only other person that comes to mind that is S/C'ed.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Venomous S,Jan 25 2007, 10:12 AM
The only 2 S2000's making 500 plus rwhp are myself and AROD around here. Unless there is someone else that I don't know about.

You might wanna speak to Jacko, thats the only other person that comes to mind that is S/C'ed.
Wow, 500 hp in a s2k? I have driven 500hp supras all the time but in a s2k, it must reallly be sick! I sold my old twin turbo supra to a guy in medford, then i bought a s2k a month later.

Are you guys making the most hp in the s2ki forums?

For my supra i didn't upgrade the turbos b/c i liked how it spooled so quickly, still made 347hp at 15psi. My cousin has a t78 in his and made ~475 @ 15psi and 628.9 at 23psi. The guy i sold my car to, his brother in law has a supra with 473hp, maybe you know him, he drives a silver mk3 supra in medford.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them. Yes they do make noise, and they make noise on ALL cars. The only thing is, you have to do something for them to make noise. The noise comes from the airpressure sucking on the sparkplug tube gaskets. When idling or sitting in traffic for a long time, the gaskets get a bit dry, and when they rub, they make a noise. As soon as you start to drive, the cams spin, flicking oil off themselves, coating everything in oil, and the noise will go away. The noise isnt bad at all, barely audible. Everyone who says "mine dont make a noise" simply dont hear it. It is there. Since they make a noise only when idling or sitting in traffic, the sound easily gets drowned out by other cars, traffic, etc etc. If you want to hear the noise, let your car idle for 5 minutes, pop the hood, put your head near the valve cover area, and you will head a squeek. It really is very very low.

P.S. I also intalled these in my friends turbo RSX, which has leaky turbo seals. Before, his car ate a lot of oil, and smoked like crazy (from the exhaust) when standing still. Now, no oil consumption, and no smoke. However, he also has the noise.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by HKSSupra91,Jan 25 2007, 04:23 PM
Wow, 500 hp in a s2k? I have driven 500hp supras all the time but in a s2k, it must reallly be sick! I sold my old twin turbo supra to a guy in medford, then i bought a s2k a month later.

Are you guys making the most hp in the s2ki forums?

For my supra i didn't upgrade the turbos b/c i liked how it spooled so quickly, still made 347hp at 15psi. My cousin has a t78 in his and made ~475 @ 15psi and 628.9 at 23psi. The guy i sold my car to, his brother in law has a supra with 473hp, maybe you know him, he drives a silver mk3 supra in medford.
its a rush, feels good
I would think that maybe it feels a bit better on the S since its a little lighter, however the supra's got the extra torque.

Na, our superior is Arnold (blues2k) -our father when it comes to making power r, he's the king. Might be others on the other side of the world, but not known to me.

I defenitely seen a silver supra around the area, just can't put a name or face to it.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:06 PM

Well, daily driving on a large turbo wasnt too bad. It was definately harder to drive fast in the turns. The t78 in my cousins car, does not kick in hard till 4k rpm. Turbo lag was not so bad, but it made the car feel peaky, which i didnt like too much. I had a 3037 turbo on my car, which felt good, kicks in relatively early but I sold it due to financial reasons. At the time i was a student still.

You can't miss the silver mk3 supra. He is soooo loud, he has 4" piping exhaust from horse power freaks. Well i hope to see everyones car at a meet or something. I would definately love to check everyones out.

Quick Reply: Who has Krank Vents?