New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Top Slashed This Morning

Old 10-18-2004, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Slashed This Morning

Well, as if the Yankees loosing wasn't enough ... I was up all night coughing and sneezing. Around 3:00 AM, I hear some car with a rather cheep sounding exhaust drive past my house and slow down before the end of my street. The fact that he stopped on my block, grabbed my attention. I look out my window, and low and behold
Old 10-18-2004, 05:47 AM

Sorry to hear , what part of LI are you in?

Next time don't yell out and try sneak attack method
Old 10-18-2004, 05:51 AM

I
Old 10-18-2004, 06:35 AM

awww dan! i am so sorry babe! i'll go after the lil ricer f*cker and cut his whole car up ok?
Old 10-18-2004, 08:00 AM

Holy crap that blows chunks man. At least you saw it and he ran away though. It could have been a lot worse.

I had a dream yesterday that my car got stolen by a tow truck when i went to a store for 2 minutes. Hearing this only gets me even more scared. I guess I gotta start taking a bunch of extra measures and I think everyone else should to protect their cars.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:32 AM

I have two extra measure:

Ruger P89
Glock 20

but on a serious note, you cant even leave your car out of sight these days. We enter a lot of events at often think about theft. Sometime we like to go out to dinner in the summertime with the S and we are always skeptical as to where to park if there is no valet. Its ashame the quality of life is affected this way. Im sorry to hear about what happened to your car and wish you all the best.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:38 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

that's terrible.

I think you should have reported to police before going outside. perhaps they were able to arrest him. then again, it's good that no one got hurt.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:50 AM

I believe the fact that I went out there as soon as I did
Old 10-18-2004, 11:04 AM

well its not "hotwired" anymore. In most cases they will take a slap hammer/ puller to the steering wheel key cylinder. Once that is removed they can force the car to start with a regular screwdriver. If you have an alarm, they will usually cut the horn wire or alarm wire so it does not keep sounding. The lockjack is the best measure you could take but you would also have to notify the police right after it is stolen to prevent anyone from locating the device. Asides from lojack think about multiple cutoff switches which always creates a difficult time for most car thieves. In the worst case scenario they will just tow it if they really want your car. Was this car parked on the street?
Old 10-18-2004, 11:49 AM

Sorry to hear about that.
The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago.
Try looking for black duct tape until it goes in the shop. The more common gray tape looks like ass, even if it is temporary. Open your top slightly to give some slack, tape both sides generously, and drop the top on all of your rides when possible and nobody will even know what happened.
FWIW, I think you did the right thing by controlling your temper and not attacking. You may have been risking your life unnecessarily.
If I caught the guy and could get the drop on him, I'd likely have gone to jail for either assault or manslaughter!

oh, unless you changed your ecu, I don't think a screwdriver would work in the ignition cylinder. All s2k's have got an immobilizer chip.

Quick Reply: Top Slashed This Morning