New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Tech Day Pics ....

Old 08-06-2006, 03:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG there are colors other than silver!!!
Old 08-06-2006, 04:00 PM

Nice pics....keep 'em coming!

I meet a bunch of new folks today from both Metro and DelVal that were quality S owners Some even let me work on their cars!! I missed saying bye to Jon before I left, it seems like you were running around in between laying under your car today. Thanks again to the great job by the cooks as well. I had a great time!
Old 08-06-2006, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 147mphAllDay,Aug 6 2006, 06:59 PM
LI crew, sorry my foot got heavy there on the tpk. you guys musta taken the outer bridge because we slowed down for a while to wait but yous guys musta already gotten off.

All, good to see/meet you. hope you got home safe
Bro, we got totally lost. Me, Mary, and Redmen. If i had an EZ Pass i bet we'd be straight. sorry for leading you two on a wild goose chase.

On the side note, I had a great time at John's today! His parents are great people for letting us all crash there for the day and work on our rides. Happy Birthday again man!

I have a few good pictures out of the 100 or so that were taken. most that are already posted are the same as i have so i wont beat a dead horse with the re-posting of pictures.

The video i still have to check out, and will keep you all posted on that.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 991 Likes on 511 Posts

Jon-

Thanks for hosting and to the folks for the house, bathroom and food.

Frank - I got a few of your car. I'm uploading to the gallery now:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=m...bum&album=20737

Some pics:

Powdercoating.. I missed the first step I think, which I believe was a coating of chrome or something on the bare metal, then a little spritz of the color and finally after cooling the final piece.

One shot of Franks car. More in the gallery

Mike: "Here ya go Jay"

Jay: "Thanks Mike - Wha'd we agree on, $100?"
Mike: "Yep, and this better not be fake!"

Cig anyone?

And of course.... Bill
Old 08-06-2006, 04:04 PM

Wish I could have made it! Looks like a great turnout.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:26 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

thanks for the party, spec ops and family!! also the metro crew and del-val members.

I had a great time!
Old 08-06-2006, 04:39 PM

Damn today was AWSOME my first s2k meet it was a GREAT time.
Great people.
Thanks to Billman and (guy with gauge cluster shirt) am sorry to many names to remember, for helping me with my slave mod.
Works Great.
Thanks for the topdown mod also Bill.
Thanks for hosting once again John
Good Times.

Marcus
Old 08-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Former Moderator

This has got to be the best meet Ive ever been to, bar none. A huge thanks to Jon for the hosting, as well as the family. Food was fantastic, everything was plentiful, and overall, fantastic time. The next time we need a tech-day, I know who Im voting for!

P.S. My apologies to everyone for the musical program. I forgot my charger, and the charger attached to my car cant keep up with the sytem. My battery died about 2 hours in. Next time, I will be fully prepared.

Thanks again!!!
Old 08-06-2006, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh ... and Hey , Bill:

Thanks for being the dynamo that you were today and helping out a whole bunch of us with your time, efforts, knowledge, and even blood !!

Eliot
Old 08-06-2006, 10:28 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, I really have to say thank you to all of you attended; it couldn't have been a party without everyone! Thank you all for coming, it was our pleasure. Everyone was great and very nice.

I have to throw a special thank you to Billman! You walked me through my whole diff install, my clutch fluid change, my yellowbox install, and my short shifter install; not to mention you fixed my own personal valve adjustment . Words can't describe how much I appreciate all the help and hospitality! You deserve all the credit you get and much more!

NFRs2000NYC, thanks so much for doing the powdercoating! My valve cover came out SICK! I couldn't and wouldn't have done it without you and all your threads earlier about the PCing.

Xclusive, thanks for the ride in your car. Your right...I want a friggen turbo now damn you!

I guess I'll give a little update. The cops stopped by after everyone left. They said a "silver toyota was doing 80+ down the street," and the neighbors down there were complaining (hmmm xclusive haha ). We just tell him "well why did you come here, this was a honda meet?" Hah looked confused and just left.

Then another cop came and yelled at my friend. Apparently the same asshole neighbors way down the street don't like people learning stick on "their street."

All in all, it was a great day with lots of good stuff going on! No problems all day! Thanks again guys for letting us host this event, my parents really like doing this stuff so it was our pleasure!

Till next time....

Quick Reply: Tech Day Pics ....