New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

SOS s/c install

Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea bro, Ive got all tools covered! I've just never done a fuel pump... But everyone is giving me confidence! I'll take my time and make sure I get the job done right!! Kit will be in 2mor! Did a lil prep work already. And I'll be sure to ask away if I have a problem! I wanna thank everyone on s2ki since Im new to the site, even tho I've been a owner for 5yrs now. Let yall know!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If your SC is engine oil fed (not SL) you have to install a plug in one of the 2 oil feed holes.. the fitting SOS gives you is super fragile & will probably break. Go to the hardware store now and get a 3/8"-16 pitch allen bolt (stainless steel), this way you can actually tighten the damn thing lol, use the crush washer they give you though. Here's a link about this subject.. https://www.s2ki.com/...1#entry20604481
Old 07-28-2011, 12:04 AM

I ponyed up the extra $100 for the s/l... It should be cool too, I got the aftercooler in a raw aluminum. I'm undercoating it and painting it red to match the valve cover. I paint cars for a living (if anyone needs quality paint work) and I ask one of the bodyshop techs if he would give me a hand with the f/p... I doubt I'll have a problem I can't overcome! I just wanted to be on the safe side... I plan on doing some of the install when I get outta work 2day and look everything over a couple of times. I've read the ct install instructions online like 50 times already! Can't seem to find the SOS manual anywhere? But I'll be recieving that 2day!!! Thanks... And god speed!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by jmaS2knj04
I ponyed up the extra $100 for the s/l... It should be cool too, I got the aftercooler in a raw aluminum. I'm undercoating it and painting it red to match the valve cover. I paint cars for a living (if anyone needs quality paint work) and I ask one of the bodyshop techs if he would give me a hand with the f/p... I doubt I'll have a problem I can't overcome! I just wanted to be on the safe side... I plan on doing some of the install when I get outta work 2day and look everything over a couple of times. I've read the ct install instructions online like 50 times already! Can't seem to find the SOS manual anywhere? But I'll be recieving that 2day!!! Thanks... And god speed!!!
Good luck man, and let me know if I can get a deal on from paint work =)
Old 07-29-2011, 02:35 AM

Fuel pump done!!! Wasn't that bad... I managed to squeze my skinny ass back there without takin out the secret compartment or windscreen! I torqued the fuel pump to 4-5ft. Lb not 3ft. Lbs like they say... Yea, I f#•/ed up!!! Will this be a major issue or not? I miss calculated my wrench... Well 2mor is the crankshaft pulley and on to the rest... I'll be SURE to torque everything else to spec!!! I hope the f/p torque will not be a issue. Can't believe I did that!!! As far as paint work, yea bro I can do whatever u want! Except full paint jobs! That's alotta work and can be very expensive!! But if u got a hood, bump, spoiler, exc... I will be glad to help ya! P.M. Me. I'll be sure to post how everything else is going. Tkx!
Old 07-29-2011, 05:33 AM

i might have to take you up on that paint work, my hood and bumper is a mess. and the fuel pump will be fine. i didnt torque mine to spec but I do recommend that everything should be tho.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:37 AM

We need PICS!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:02 AM

Thank god!! I've been thinking about that all night n day! I'll DEF be sure to torqe everything else right!! And deadlock23... Yea, no prob on the paint work!! Just let me finish this install and well take care of whatever u need! I'll try to post some pics when I finished.

And I must say, SOS did a GREAT job on everything with this kit!! From the packing to the color instructions!! It's all well explained. I love the polished blower! And I got a raw aftercooler that I was gonna paint to match the valve cover. But it looks sooo sick raw!! I'm thinking about just sanding it with super fine grit sandpaper and just clearcoating it...
Old 07-29-2011, 06:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Color instructions??? WTF mine were in Black & white lol
Old 07-31-2011, 12:20 AM

70% complete. Damn it's HOT!!! I'm thinking (maybe) I'll be finished up today still need to mount a/c, ecu, top fluids, triple check everything!!! And re-assemble. So there is a possibility that I'll be on the road by the end of the day. I'll post when complete... And hope to get pics up as well..

Quick Reply: SOS s/c install