New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Shop recommendation for soft top

Old 05-18-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop recommendation for soft top

Hey guys,

I need to get my soft top replaced, and was wondering if any of you can recommend a good shop that would take good care of it?

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

billman250

shoot him a pm
Old 05-18-2011, 12:52 PM

where are you located? NY, NJ, .. ? You have options. Help us narrow it down for you. Billman or 2poor2mod but neither has an official shop. They will be much more affordable than going to a place or dealer and know the car far better.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah depends where you are located. Out in LI Billman is out there. 2poor2mod does them really cheap in south or central nj I think.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
where are you located? NY, NJ, .. ? You have options. Help us narrow it down for you. Billman or 2poor2mod but neither has an official shop. They will be much more affordable than going to a place or dealer and know the car far better.
Brooklyn area would be ideal.. but willing to take it anywhere in NYC metro area (even NJ) if the shop is very reputable.

I need the entire convertible top replaced (not just repaired) so I assume official shops are the only ones that are able to get the Honda OEM material, etc.?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by ignition25
Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc' timestamp='1305751931' post='20589671
Brooklyn area would be ideal.. but willing to take it anywhere in NYC metro area (even NJ) if the shop is very reputable.

I need the entire convertible top replaced (not just repaired) so I assume official shops are the only ones that are able to get the Honda OEM material, etc.?
Not at all. Anyone can get an OEM soft top. If your in brooklyn either of the two mentioned can take care of you. There is just the question of you taking the drive way out east for Billman or over to Jersey for 2poor2mod.

Also, you don't really need to get a more expensive OEM softop. Banzai had 2poor2mod do it and his top looks awesome. Click here. I believe he odered his top from eBay and it was half the price of an OEM and just as good. It is a bit tight on the first fit but once it's one for some time it works fine. PM him if you have any questions.

Just as a point of reference... I had priced out a few shops and they want about 2000 and up for it sometimes not including the softop. You can get it done for much less than that.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Originally Posted by ignition25' timestamp='1305922502' post='20597982
[quote name='2ks2knyc' timestamp='1305751931' post='20589671']

Not at all. Anyone can get an OEM soft top. If your in brooklyn either of the two mentioned can take care of you. There is just the question of you taking the drive way out east for Billman or over to Jersey for 2poor2mod.

Also, you don't really need to get a more expensive OEM softop. Banzai had 2poor2mod do it and his top looks awesome. Click here. I believe he odered his top from eBay and it was half the price of an OEM and just as good. It is a bit tight on the first fit but once it's one for some time it works fine. PM him if you have any questions.

Just as a point of reference... I had priced out a few shops and they want about 2000 and up for it sometimes not including the softop. You can get it done for much less than that.
[/quote]

OK great, thanks for the info and referral. I'll see if going this route will work.
I *do* prefer it to be a shop though, cause I'm dealing with insurance and all. So, price is not exactly an issue.. I'm more concerned about my time.. I just don't have the time to deal with this right now, so it'd be great if I could call a shop to just take care of it.

But will look into this and see if I can get one of these guys to help. Reading through the other thread about an aftermarket softop.. but off the top of your head, have you heard any negatives of using a non-OEM? The material is the same quality?
Old 05-20-2011, 06:28 PM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the references guys. Might as well do yourself a favor and have it done on the side and pocket the rest, hell if you want you can cut me the entire check I'll pick the car up do the work and bring it back haha. Seriously whatever you need I'm pretty flexible.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah if they are giving you a couple grand for a new top at the least, just pocket 1k+ and have it done on the side somewhere!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Billman did mine, and I'm very happy with the work. He's in Long Island - I drove my car in from Jersey and took the train back.

Quick Reply: Shop recommendation for soft top