New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Shop to fix curbed rims

Old 12-13-2012, 07:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Shop to fix curbed rims

I would like to know where people have gone to get their wheels fixed from curbing and also powder coating the lip. I need a local shop that you've used and received quality work and good service. I'm looking to get my Volks CE28 that's been sitting in a box for 2 years fixed from minor curbing and possibly powder coating the lips to another color from the original matte black.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Al's hubcaps in Mineola and Elite powder coating a little further out on the island. It is rumored that Al sends a lot of his work to Elite. Al can be a huge a-hole and so can some over at Elite but don't pay it any mind they do good work.

Oh and if you don't mind heading over to Jersey Billy does great work. You have options and if you do a search here you will get all the info you need.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Al's hubcaps in Mineola and Elite powder coating a little further out on the island. It is rumored that Al sends a lot of his work to Elite. Al can be a huge a-hole and so can some over at Elite but don't pay it any mind they do good work.

Oh and if you don't mind heading over to Jersey Billy does great work. You have options and if you do a search here you will get all the info you need.
Been to AL's, wasn't happy with his work and attitude. Never going there again.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc

Have to agree with going to Billy in NJ. He does an amazing job with a quick turn around time and is friendly. What more can you ask for?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by S2K DRIFTER
Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc' timestamp='1355416212' post='22208096

Been to AL's, wasn't happy with his work and attitude. Never going there again.
Really? He is a total tool and wouldn't work with me on just bumping out bend on my old OZ's without having to redo my whole wheel. I took it to Redline in Queens but they were so busy that they sent me to their location in Brooklyn. Redline only charged me around 60 bucks with balance while Al wanted 140. He has worked on many wheels and left people very happy. I guess his attitude is starting to trickle down to his work too now.

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc' timestamp='1355416212' post='22208096

Have to agree with going to Billy in NJ. He does an amazing job with a quick turn around time and is friendly. What more can you ask for?
Yeah Billy has hooked up lot's of Metro and is a great guy from what I have heard. I never personally used him because he was just too far and 234 crew has a sick hook up with Elite.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 AM

AL's hubcaps technique to fix lite curb damage rims is to grind away some of the lip unevenly and then respray the entire rim a darker or lighter shade than the actual color and then give you the customer an attitude if and when you complain about his "quality" work.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:20 AM

AL's hubcaps technique to fix lite curb damage rims is to grind away some of the lip unevenly and then respray the entire rim a darker or lighter shade than the actual color and then give you the customer an attitude if and when you complain about his "quality" work.
Good to know. Thanks for posting. I will not be recommending his shop anymore.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:25 AM

< pounding chest, no prob
Old 12-13-2012, 11:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

< pounding chest, no prob
LOL
Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 PM

Received 1,397 Likes on 837 Posts

If Billy in NJ fixies rims, I'd be glad to send biz his way.

Al can be very arrogant, but his work is decent.

Quick Reply: Shop to fix curbed rims