New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Rocky

Old 08-16-2006, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

our sincere condolences Eliot, Jackie and Russ...having two dogs we know how much of a family member they are. Even my kids remember Rocky when I informed them about his passing
Old 08-16-2006, 05:17 PM

Thanks everyone ... we pulled out his birth certificate and realized that the was actually 15 years old ... that was pretty old for a 120 pound dog !!
Old 08-16-2006, 06:21 PM

Wow I remember those pics in the snow....

Sorry E & J, I know it must be kind of hard at this moment.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:09 PM

Sorry for your loss Eliot & Jackie

RIP Rocky
Old 08-16-2006, 10:01 PM

yes,,,sorry to hear that, I was asking about how Rocky is doing over the weekend, then..come to hear this news.

Rocky is a great and cool dog.

Rip. Rocky...

jay
Old 08-17-2006, 02:50 AM

RIP Rocky.

I know he quite a friend to the Eliot/Jackie/Metro family.

....and Bill will definitely miss that nose under the covers.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:41 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 08-17-2006, 06:46 AM

RIP Rocky.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:32 AM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My condolences Eliot & Jackie.. Rocky was (and will always be)a great dog. I can still see him now lying on the kitchen floor not caring one bit about all these strange fellows in the kitchen heating of headlights.

I must have tons of pics of Rocky somewhere at home.. I'll post some of my favorites later.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by turbo_pwr,Aug 17 2006, 10:41 AM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Nice and heartwarming ... I hope that he is patient because I want to keep him waiting for a long time !! Technically though, he was Russ's dog ... so who knows what is going to happen .

Quick Reply: Rocky