New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

RFR: Cruisin for Epilepsy: Charity Poker Run - August 21, 2011

Old 08-14-2011, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

POSTPONED TILL SUNDAY AUGUST 21st 2011

All. We deeply apologize for the late announcement, but due to the change in our weather forecast we have decided to postpone the rally for everyone's safety. We want everyone to have the best possible time at our event, but with this kind of weather it makes it extremely dangerous and miserable. Please spread the word to everyone else who you know planned on coming. Again, we are sorry but hope to see you all next Sunday on the 21st.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by catawalks
I'm still in. My car has this cool thing called a top and these really nifty things called windshield wipers. I think I'll be alright.
Unneeded sarcasm, Joel. Everyone has preferences on when they drive their S and when they don't. If you haven't done one of these rallies before a lot of the cars that participate in these rallies are REALLY NICE weekend cars, garage queens, etc.

IMHO it should've been called Saturday when all of the forecasts were lining up with rain.

Really bummed that I have plans next weekend. Hope to catch the next Rally in early Fall.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:36 AM

^Yeah, i honestly didn't think it would be that bad today. We tried to avoid postponing it because of past experiences. Two years ago we postponed one right around this time of year and clearly didn't get the turnout we anticipated from the original date. Wish you could make it next weekend, we always love having you!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:22 PM

I'm in for the 21st pending on good weather!!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:47 AM

Old 08-20-2011, 08:52 AM

All,

Looking forward to seeing you all in the morning! Remember, it is not too late to spread the word and tell your friends and family to tag along. We have a RSVP list of well over 100 cars now. Let's keep it growing.

WEATHER: The forecast is calling for scattered thunderstorms tomorrow AFTERNOON. The run is starting prompt at 9 AM and anticipates being over early afternoon. Our event should be well over before any chance of thunderstorms. Regardless if anything drastically changes during the day today we will notify everyone by 9PM tonight of the rally status. Simply check the "Rally Status" line in the original post to see what is going on. Again, i highly doubt the rally is going to be pushed back again because of the weather.

WAIVERS: Please remember to fill out, print and print your driver and passenger waivers in the morning. We will have limited supplies of extra copies so don't forget yours at home!

We look forward to seeing everyone in the morning! Get ready for another great charity run with RFR!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That.....was fun. Awesome time. Fantastic cars, fantastic people, and fantastic (for the most part) roads. All for a good cause, well worth it. I'll see if I can get some of the videos and stuff up later.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:53 PM

good times! had the most AMAZING time playing with the aston martin and an older white m3 on those back roads. Super pissed my gopro let me down and i couldn't film that..........
Old 08-22-2011, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome time... Great meeting you all.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I knew anyone who would go to these things would love it. Glad you new guys all had a good time and hope you can make it to upcoming rallies so we have more than the usual 3 S2K's. This was the first rally since I got my S that I wasn't able to make it to.

Quick Reply: RFR: Cruisin for Epilepsy: Charity Poker Run - August 21, 2011