New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Recommandations for parking lots around JFK?

Old 02-24-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommandations for parking lots around JFK?

Hey guys - leaving on vacation this weekend and wanted to see if you guys have any recommended parking lots to leave my car in for the week. Not taking my S so I'm not really concerned about security. just looking to a lot cheap and realiable near the airport.

Also if you guys have any suggestions on where to eats, drink and what to see in Miami let me know!

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Home and take a cab. Or get a friend who's willing to pick you up and drop you off. Or train. But if you must, there are plenty of lots, I haven't used any personally, but as long as you take the key with you, it'll give you some peace of mind.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, DO NOT LEAVE THE S ANYWHERE NEAR JFK!!!

Reason 1
Most parking around the airport are open to the elements.

Reason 2
There was a report that came out a few years ago that attendants were taking some of the cars and driving the crap out of them and putting them back.

Reason 3
None will guarantee the cars safety.

I have a preferred lot of choice that is indor and not THAT expensive that you could use. But I won't share on the forum so openly for obvious reason.

I now live in the Miami Area but travel back and forth from NY to FL so much so that I have flown for free about 4 times in the last two years. PM me and I will help you out best I can. I don't get on here as much.

fyi,
Miami sucks compared to NYC and South Beach has become a huge tourist trap that their prices are sometimes worst than Manhattan and most often than not, not even worth it.

there is tons of stuff to do if you are with your girl or with the boys. More details would help point you in the right direction.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:59 AM

Coming from CT so taxi isnt an option haha

Not taking my S - it's in hibernation

Going to Miami with a girl thats a friend
Old 02-24-2015, 11:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try jfk long term parking inc. Google it
Old 02-24-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Pmed
Old 02-24-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by chillout18
Coming from CT so taxi isnt an option haha

Not taking my S - it's in hibernation

Going to Miami with a girl thats a friend
That simplifies it greatly. But even if you do have a nice car, beware of those lots. One of the car owners that had exposed the scam the lots were doing was just a nice BMW.

Where are you staying in Miami? Downtown? South Beach? Near an airport? Renting a car? Just spending a day there then taking a cruise? Read below ...

If you are staying in downtown area just hop around the Brickell area. Most places you can just walk in and out of and are ok. I do mostly bars there and can't recommend much in terms of food. Nothing to brag about anyway.

If you are staying in South Beach area (near Lowes, Shelborn.. Ocean and Collins Aves) Monty's raw bar is a pretty cool spot near the docks and won't break the bank and the food is good if you do the raw bar. You can always do Wet Willies for insane drinks and bar food. The usual Mango's/Clevelander are a tourist party place with loud music and can't say much for the food. Try Yelp for more current reviews. I have been avoiding South Beach for years now.

If you are renting a car, you can try Quarterdeck in Dania beach. It's on a beach that is mostly locals and has a sports bar environment but the food is amazing. I was just there and the peel and eat shrimp are AMAZINGLY fresh.

Now if you want to ball out and impress your lady friend. Joe's stone crab. NO, not Joe's crab shack. They have a real fancy restaurant and next to it the more down scale take out section. To be honest, I haven't been to the fancy side in years so don't even know if it's still there lol. But the take out side, you can pick not only seafood but their turkey meatballs and key lime pie will not only want to make you slap your momma but your grandma too. But does cost a pretty penny. Well worth it though. http://www.joesstonecrab.com/index.html

What ever you do, don't walk into a Pollo Tropical. That is the equivalent of latin food McDonalds.

Aside from beaches and watching all the thongs walk around for sale on Ocean avenue there isn't much to "see"
There are some cool parks with views but most require driving. It's pretty much beaches, beaches and more beaches. Miami is not a big place and if you plan on driving around you could end up in a really undesirable area. Just ask Jose. He was down here recently. Hopefully he can chime in.

Oh and the culture down here is VERY DIFFERENT. You will smell weed pretty much in the air like it's nothing. People with their phones in their hands while swerving lanes and a fun outing with a group of guys and girls is to a strip club. No lie. Don't ask how I know lol.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:18 PM

Appriciate the response guys!!

As far as Miami we're staying on Ocean Drive. Not renting a car just staying there a couple night and then doing a cruise to the Bahamas for a few nights. I'll go check out Monty's since we both love seafood. A friend suggested doing a bar crawl and I think thats going to be a best bet to go check out a few places in one night. I honestly cant wait to get away from this weather and enjoy the 80 degree weather down there currently. Definitly going to do some relaxing and ''people watching'' on the beach haha

Thank again guys!
Old 02-24-2015, 01:38 PM

Sounds good. One last thing since you are staying on Ocean and doing some bar crawling. If you happen to jump in cab to go just a little further up or down - be sure that the low life cabbie resets the meter upon entering. They prey on tourist down here (especially the drunk ones) and since you are used to paying a higher cab rate you may not notice it but a cab up and down Sobe should be no more than a few bucks. Don't let them thievin bastards take your drinking money!!!!

FYI, the weather just started kicking back up again.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:58 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I can't help with parking but the wife and I stayed in Miami Beach for a bit both before and after a Bahamas stay Feb of last year.

Indomania was phenomenal as far as food goes. http://www.yelp.com/...-beach?osq=indo

Take the Miami-Dade County bus to and from the airport to South Beach. Cheap and easy.

We rented a scooter while there, had a blast.