New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING A FOR SALE THREAD

Old 03-01-2012, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default READ THIS BEFORE POSTING A FOR SALE THREAD

Just a friendly reminder

See below for the Exchange rules

The for sale threads in Metro NYC as well as the main forum have been inundated with the rampant proliferation of "testing waters" threads as well as threads that do not post prices for the items being sold.

The forums are aptly named "FOR SALE", and NOT "FOR SILENT AUCTION". Therefore, we are implementing some rules that will cut down on these particular threads since they basically just take up space and ultimately, the items never end up selling.

These simple rules will ensure that there will be less grief associated with selling or purchasing items here.

1. ONLY paid s2ki members can post for sale threads. All other posts will be deleted. This is to lessen fraud on the forums. Members' information are on file with the admins. Therefore, when parts do not arrive or something is amiss, the buyers have a person to look for.

2. By the same token, ONLY members may sell in someone's WANT TO BUY thread.
(Although non-members are allowed to post WTB threads, we encourage everyone to buy a membership and support the site. It's well worth it in the long run. You get stars!)

3. Prices on items you are selling are mandatory. This will also provide a basis for the buyers on what to offer you. This will greatly lessen low-balling. If you post a supercharger for sale without a price someone is bound to offer you $200 for it and you have to deliver.

4. No testing waters threads. Either you want to get rid of it or you don't. When you test the waters, you're basically just saying you're going to sell it if someone offers you enough money. These threads will be deleted as well. If you want to know how much something can go for or has gone for in the past, search.

5. Describe in detail what you're selling. It will save you time and lessen surprises for everyone.

6. Pictures of what you're selling greatly help. PICS are mandatory. If you don't have pics, the thread will be deleted. No excuses since only members can post for sale threads. ***When you purchase a membership you get free photo hosting!***
7. References are your friend.

8. Once your item has sold, lock your thread. If a WTB and you have found your item, lock your thread.

9. Guests are only allowed to sell their own S2000s. This rule applies to s2ki in general.

10. When posting items for sale, keep everything in ONE thread. All other threads will be merged or deleted.

The COs and Moderators reserve the right to delete threads that they see violate these rules. It's all for the betterment of this forum. S2KI is S2KI. Not ebay. Happy selling, happy buying.
Thanks

***When you register to be on the site, you do not become a member automatically. In order to do so, you have to pay.***

To purchase a membership, click on the small arrow next to your screen name, located on the upper right-hand corner of your page. A drop down menu will appear, at the bottom is "manage membership" to purchase a membership. It's that easy.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 AM

Had to rename the title to make it clear to everyone to please read the rules. Only hours after posting this I had to delete a for sale thread in the general section by a guest (again).

bump!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by mndthegap1
I don't agree with rule number 1.... Boo!
That rule applies to most forums and all of s2ki.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by mndthegap1
x2, since this is a local section, people usually meet up when buying and selling parts, idk how being a member would prevent fraud in those situations, but w/e all of my s2k parts I've sold on craigslist and usually the ppl who buy them are on this forum lol
Old 03-02-2012, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by t3am 83rd
Originally Posted by mndthegap1' timestamp='1330704486' post='21469751
x2, since this is a local section, people usually meet up when buying and selling parts, idk how being a member would prevent fraud in those situations, but w/e all of my s2k parts I've sold on craigslist and usually the ppl who buy them are on this forum lol
Let me break it down for you... If someone is selling stolen parts or anything like that it can easily be set straight. Ever see a set of s2k seats on b20? Understand now?
Old 03-02-2012, 07:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

y'all need to stop being so cheap & cough up the $20
Old 03-02-2012, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Deception
y'all need to stop being so cheap & cough up the $20
Thanks, Kev. It's 20 bucks... I just don't get why people cry so much about rules and 20 damn dollars. Hell, I even pay the 50 so I can have more storage for pics. I wish all car forums were run so clean as s2ki.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:36 AM

BUMP!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:05 PM

Bump for new people.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:44 PM

BUMP!!!

READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING A FOR SALE THREAD