New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Possible VAFC or Stock Dyno Tuning Session this Saturday 11.15 before BBQ Meet!

Old 11-10-2003, 07:23 PM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possible VAFC Dyno Tuning Session this Saturday 11.15 before Brazillian BBQ Meet!

hey all,

nibble and i both have vafc's that need to get installed and eventually tuned. i'll hopefully have my vafc here before thursday and i'll be installing it that night. then on saturday i plan on going to Paddock racing up near me who has a dyno that i can hopefully get a group rate on. right now it's in the 'possible' stage because on saturdays theyre usually out racing.

if this goes through, is there anyone besides paul and i that would be interested in tuning their vafc? i know that allen recently installed his vafc, but im not sure if he's tuned it yet.

if theres anyone out on the board who has experience installing and tuning the vafc and would like to help out, maybe we can chip in to purchase them dinner and drinks at the brazillian bbq later that evening!

i've never tuned a vafc before and i'm very nervous about doing so. so if someone (or some people) would like to come on out and assist us on saturday, that'd be awesome! hell, even come out on thursday to help us install em and calibrate them! i just skimmed over the manual and i'm totally lost!

i'll call paddock racing first thing tomorrow morning to see if they may be able to accomodate paul and i, and possible a few others depending on the response of this posting.

Old 11-10-2003, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian I actually want to do this but I haven't bought the
VAFC so a couple of questions.

Do they sell the VAFC ??

Are you guys Installing them & where are you putting it ??

About how much do you think for tunning ??

I want to do this but its a short notice I don't even know if
I can purchase the Unit by then. Maybe we could do a group
thing at a later date and give everyone time to get there
stuff and decide where to put it, IE> radio door, by the cup holder,
I even saw one in a visor that didn't look too bad.

Anyway Worse case I would come just to watch and learn.
Keep us posted thanks

- Mike
Old 11-10-2003, 07:37 PM

i can throw it on for you if you have the harness and calibrating isn't all that hard. the tuning part, i have no idea about.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:47 PM

Thanks Allen I know its pretty simple if you have the harness
but I also wanted to install it right behind the cup holder I think
I like that the best out of all the ones I saw at fall colors. But
My main concern is the tunning because I have read so many
posts of people having problems because it wasn't set and or
tuned right.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:00 PM
bkw

i dont know if paddock sells the vafc, and if they do, i'm sure you'll be paying full retail for it ($300) and it wont come with a harness. both paul and i found people on the board selling them.

mounting? that's the tricky part. the wires for the harness arent really that long. paul wants to mount his in the drivers side A-pillar corner (where allen has his). i want to cover my right hand vent (on top of the a/c controls). once it gets installed, i'll probably extend the wires so that i can get it mounted in the armrest or the secret compartment.

allen, if you could come by and show us how to calibrate it i'd greatly appreciate it!
Old 11-11-2003, 06:58 AM

shit, i just found out i have to go to Edison on saturday morning. when were you planning to go to Paddock cuz i won't be back till like 2-3 in the PM.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:26 AM
bkw

75 for 3 runs
110 for 1hr
185 for tuning w/ their tech

there arent any group discounts

perhaps i should think about going elsewhere.

anyone know of that place on queens blvd w/ the dyno is still open? i think it was called rampage, and had a friend of mine work there.. greg samaroo who was (is) a pretty good honda tuner.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:48 AM

anyone of you guys wanna buy my V-AFC WITH the harness? i'm trying to save up for suspension and i really don't need this anymore.

i'll let this go for 300. metro NYC special.

i also got a fiberglass amuse style lip, unpainted no hardware 100 bucks.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:38 PM

Rampage shut down some time ago and unfortunately the new shop Rev Hard has no concept of tuning nor a dyno, they only specialize in unauthorized automobile relocation and exchange . There are no reputable shops in queens with a dyno.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:48 PM
bkw

shit.

Quick Reply: Possible VAFC or Stock Dyno Tuning Session this Saturday 11.15 before BBQ Meet!