New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Police Shooting In Denville, NJ

Old 10-14-2008, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Oct 14 2008, 10:00 AM
This politically correct BS is getting old.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:59 AM

im sure the cops mind set is not that of yours. i understand where your coming from and reguardless of how much of a scumbag the other person is cops choose life first, when that option is no longer available then this is what happens. it takes a special person to be a police officer to separate his/her emotions from clouding their judgement. the guy was tryin to kill the cop and the cop did what he needed to do to stop him, in this case death was the result. If he would have lived he would be suffering a lot more. Death some would say was the easy way out for the driver.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:05 AM

I feel bad for the cop... He's a hero, and the family of the bad guy are trying to play the victim here.

Look at the cop who just killed himself after he gave the order to tase that retard that was swinging a flourescent light tube at another cop.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:08 AM

instigator....the cop is a hero no one is saying otherwise damn it chris lol
Old 10-14-2008, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know exactly where this happened as it's not that far from where I work. I remember back when this happened a few months ago and everyone was crying excessive force because they didn't release any details. However, with this new video and info that they released last week, it's pretty clear that the cops had no other choice.

I believe the story was that the cops got a call of someone speeding down their roads so they went to have a look. This kid saw the cops and decided to run until he spun out. That's when the 2 cops you see in the vid came up to the car to get this kid to quit what he was doing. Yes, a gun was drawn (but you can kind of see that the cop didn't have his finger on the trigger but on the side of the barrel) but it was put away so it's not like the cop was bloodthirsty. The kid kept trying to put the car in gear to move while the cops were trying to grab the keys and stop him, etc. (that's why you could see it moving back and forth). He wouldn't listen to the cops and one cop went in to stop him while the one outside was smashing the kid's head on the B-pillar to get him to stop but he wouldn't (you can see that in the video, too).

Now, to be honest, I personally don't have a strong opinion one way or another although I will say that I think the cops are justified. When he saw the cops, he chose to run. When the cops came at him WITH GUNS DRAWN, he chose to run. When the cops were in his car AND SMASHING HIS HEAD AGAINST THE PILLAR, he still chose to run. All the while, he almost ran over one cop and caused the other to be injured (the one in the car ended up with a shoulder injury). You would think that at some point, he would realize that it's game over.

So all in all, he just kept stacking the chips against him. What could've been a traffic violation was escalated into a really grave and serious situation. Could the cop have only shot him once? Or maybe shot to injure? Maybe. But in that situation, I'm not sure the cop or anyone could remain composed and think it all the way through. I mean, the car's barrelling down the road at 90 MPH and you're not exactly sitting properly in a seat and this kid apparently wants to flee at all costs. So, sure, it could've happened in any one of numerous possibilities but I don't really find fault with the cops on this one.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 PM

This thread reminds me of the movie.. American History X