New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Police Shooting In Denville, NJ

Old 10-13-2008, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Oct 13 2008, 07:53 AM

After watching the video, I feel the officer was completely justified in his decision and I honestly hope the family doesn't get any money from him or the town. Call me cold hearted, but the guy was asking for it. He was warned numerous times and still took off with a cop in the passenger seat! Its interesting how the family lawyer said the guy was "unarmed..." Last I checked, a vehicle is considered a weapon
you know this is so funny because i though i was the only one who felt that way. Call me cold hearted too but i probably would have done the samething. How do you know that kid didn't steal the car? How do you know he didn't kill someone and trying to get away? wtF?? the kid was still trying to drive with the cops in the car!! he could have killed the cops! wow!!!! i wonder if the kid was drunk...
Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

kid was drunk... it all started when the kid was driving 60 something in a 25.

Dumb to drive drunk, ok we've all done it but 60 in a 25 is crazy.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by S2KNJ,Oct 13 2008, 10:02 AM
kid was drunk... it all started when the kid was driving 60 something in a 25.

Dumb to drive drunk, ok we've all done it but 60 in a 25 is crazy.
i have never done it
I think it is wrong
I think it is unsafe for everyone!
the point is the kid was drunk and someone had to put him to a full stop before he kills someone. He had no control of the car.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:42 PM

After reading this thread I have come to my own conclusions on the shooting.

I'd have to side with the cop here because he felt it was necessary to use whatever means necessary to stop the driver from speeding off and causing more deaths or damage. On the other hand, maybe the cop could have tasered the kid with 20K volts or something to immobilize him, but not kill him....

but in any event too bad for the kid though that lost his life....
Old 10-13-2008, 03:53 PM

I dont feel bad for the kid at all..
Old 10-13-2008, 06:48 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CooperS2K,Oct 13 2008, 09:54 AM
Its not just the united states, I think compared to some laws we"re pretty lenient. We should go back to days of Sodom and Gomorrah and such.
You mean like in India where you get limbs chopped off for shoplifting, or castrated for adultery? Caned in Singapore for graffiti, Killed in China or have your ass beaten to a pulp then tortured for treating a cop like that?

This country is very liberal compared to alot of others.

I may sound very cold but the kid got what was coming to him. Before the car took off the cop was fortunate not to lose his legs when the car door was open slamming into his radio car a couple of times. Luckily it was in the middle of the night, and not during early hours where we, or our family members may be walking to work, or driving to work.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by bungholio,Oct 13 2008, 09:48 PM
You mean like in India where you get limbs chopped off for shoplifting, or castrated for adultery? Caned in Singapore for graffiti, Killed in China or have your ass beaten to a pulp then tortured for treating a cop like that?

This country is very liberal compared to alot of others.

I may sound very cold but the kid got what was coming to him. Before the car took off the cop was fortunate not to lose his legs when the car door was open slamming into his radio car a couple of times. Luckily it was in the middle of the night, and not during early hours where we, or our family members may be walking to work, or driving to work.
agreed, and good points you made there on how crime is handled in other countries.... he in the USA we've become way too lenient and too liberal on handling crimes.....

On the other hand I dont think that we should go to the other extreme either...

In the perfect world, I think people should respect each others property, each others safety, and be responsible for their actions, and not make any excuses when they screw up....
Old 10-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I'm not a fan of most cops, the kid deserved to die. Had one of your family members been on that road, and the mustang slammed into them, you would sing a different tune, believe me.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn the man, save the empire.

sidenote, cant blame the cop for what happened.

1 less dirtbag on the road
Old 10-14-2008, 06:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Oct 14 2008, 04:23 AM
As much as I'm not a fan of most cops, the kid deserved to die. Had one of your family members been on that road, and the mustang slammed into them, you would sing a different tune, believe me.

I am happy the cop stopped him before he could drive his car into someone as well as many of you but hardly a case where he deserves to die.

Quick Reply: Police Shooting In Denville, NJ