New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Our day in court

Old 10-18-2004, 09:50 AM

Received 1,389 Likes on 832 Posts
Default Our day in court

As some of you may know, three of us got quite a few tickets a while back. Speed contest, reckless driving, 82/55, and no front plate for me only. Two of us had our day today...We went in early, first come first serve. There was application before us. The first lawer went up and presented his status on his case. Many words were exchanged about a long over due case. The lawer could not accurately answer the judge's questions, and proceeded to irritate the judge. So now on to our case, going up against an irritated judge who is know for pulling licenses on a daily basis. Our case was the first one of the day, because Eliot (Defender) was the first lawer in the door, and the first to conference our case with the DA. So up we go, and all the judge said was, "well, this community service has to be done", and thats it. Eliot had done all his homework for us. He knew the first come/first serve drill (get to the judge before his many cases get him wound up). His trips to the library to reinforce our case. All his t's crossed, I's dotted. He bought about such poise, composure, and proffessionalism to the bench, and left the judge with nothing to argue (unliike the shady lawer with the wrinkled suit before us). So we basically walked with no fines, some comm service, and a 3 point ticket for speed not resonable for conditions, equal to a turn signal infraction. So for this, I sincerly thank you.

Many board members said to me long ago, they had liked Eliot the day they met him, and I've learned why. Hosting tech days, letting me stay at his place, good advice, and most of all a valuable friendship.

Here's the irony...If I had not been written for the criminal charges (Contest and wreckless) I would have wound up in traffic violations where there is NO plea bargaining. If the ticket say 82/55, your done. So the criminal charges worked in our favor, bringing us to a court where pleas can be heard.

Old 10-18-2004, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billman250,Oct 18 2004, 12:50 PM
As some of you may know, three of us got quite a few tickets a while back. Speed contest, reckless driving, 82/55, and no front plate for me only. Two of us had our day today...We went in early, first come first serve. There was application before us. The first lawer went up and presented his status on his case. Many words were exchanged about a long over due case. The lawer could not accurately answer the judge's questions, and proceeded to irritate the judge. So now on to our case, going up against an irritated judge who is know for pulling licenses on a daily basis. Our case was the first one of the day, because Eliot (Defender) was the first lawer in the door, and the first to conference our case with the DA. So up we go, and all the judge said was, "well, this community service has to be done", and thats it. Eliot had done all his homework for us. He knew the first come/first serve drill (get to the judge before his many cases get him wound up). His trips to the library to reinforce our case. All his t's crossed, I's dotted. He bought about such poise, composure, and proffessionalism to the bench, and left the judge with nothing to argue (unliike the shady lawer with the wrinkled suit before us). So we basically walked with no fines, some comm service, and a 3 point ticket for speed not resonable for conditions, equal to a turn signal infraction. So for this, I sincerly thank you.

Many board members said to me long ago, they had liked Eliot the day they met him, and I've learned why. Hosting tech days, letting me stay at his place, good advice, and most of all a valuable friendship.

Here's the irony...If I had not been written for the criminal charges (Contest and wreckless) I would have wound up in traffic violations where there is NO plea bargaining. If the ticket say 82/55, your done. So the criminal charges worked in our favor, bringing us to a court where pleas can be heard.
Gee golly- I am blushing.

Thanks Bill.

Eliot
Old 10-18-2004, 10:09 AM

I met Eliot for the first time yesterday and all I can say is that Metro NYC is very lucky to have him here.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:15 AM

Elliot is the man

Old 10-18-2004, 10:31 AM

glad things went well. it's a good thing when good people atract each other. nice.

congratulations on your timely release to wreak havoc on the state of pennsylvania.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:45 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm glad it worked out. Eliot is the man.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:32 AM

glad to hear it fellas!!!

shoot! wish i had known a guy like eliot 5 yrs ago when i got my 3 tickets...
Old 10-18-2004, 11:39 AM

I was sweating bullets for the past week waiting to get this over with. Well, all i can say is Thank you to the Man, Eliot. Community service is cake compared to what else we could've gotten.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I guess im next.

Thanks for the thread Bill.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:29 PM

Congratulations all!! Great job, Eliot!

Quick Reply: Our day in court