New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

October 28th - Palmer Motorsports Park

Old 09-29-2016, 06:16 AM

Received 219 Likes on 177 Posts

LOL I know that but I would rather plan to stay overnight than spend 6 - 8 hours on the highway in addition to my track time.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
Originally Posted by TW00Si' timestamp='1475084359' post='24071855
[quote name='Langelo DeMysterioso' timestamp='1475079498' post='24071756']How far is this?
From where we are, roughly 3 hours. I've already booked a hotel for Thursday night. But if you do the half lapping day, you can leave in the morning and get there in time.
from where? From Metro! LOL Actually I think you live in my hood

Originally Posted by BeeB
I would try posting in the New England section as well. Any one-day track event that's over 1 hour away from me is not worth it to me, in my opinion.
Yeah I'm having trouble with the half day drive up there then track then after that having to drive a half day back.
[/quote]

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
LOL I know that but I would rather plan to stay overnight than spend 6 - 8 hours on the highway in addition to my track time.
I know we live in the same neighborhood and that's why I wrote, "from where we are". I google mapped it around the time of your post so it might have taken in the traffic conditions. I booked a room at the Sheraton in Springfield for Thursday night.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by freq
Driving Convertibles

» Convertibles MUST have occupant rollover protection installed immediately behind the driver’s seat.

» Windshield only rollover protection is not sufficient.

» "Bolt on" hardtop roofs are not sufficient.

» OEM rollover protection is acceptable if installed immediately behind the driver’s seat.

» OEM "pop up" rollover protection is acceptable only if installed immediately behind the driver’s seat.

» Permanent aftermarket rollover protection is acceptable subject to WHR management approval.

» Aftermarket "pop up" rollover protection is not acceptable under any circumstances.

» Rollover protection, whether "pop-up" or permanent, installed behind rear passenger seats is not acceptable under any circumstances.
I read this and this would suggest the OEM rollbar behind the stock seats are sufficient. But hearing how the S2000 has had issues at certain tracks and track organizations, I emailed and asked about it to make sure. What I posted about the rollbar and OEM hardtop is the reply I got. I don't want to provide the wrong information and have people register but unable to run their S at the track on the day of.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by TW00Si
Originally Posted by freq' timestamp='1475148670' post='24072417
Driving Convertibles

» Convertibles MUST have occupant rollover protection installed immediately behind the driver’s seat.

» Windshield only rollover protection is not sufficient.

» "Bolt on" hardtop roofs are not sufficient.

» OEM rollover protection is acceptable if installed immediately behind the driver’s seat.

» OEM "pop up" rollover protection is acceptable only if installed immediately behind the driver’s seat.

» Permanent aftermarket rollover protection is acceptable subject to WHR management approval.

» Aftermarket "pop up" rollover protection is not acceptable under any circumstances.

» Rollover protection, whether "pop-up" or permanent, installed behind rear passenger seats is not acceptable under any circumstances.
I read this and this would suggest the OEM rollbar behind the stock seats are sufficient. But hearing how the S2000 has had issues at certain tracks and track organizations, I emailed and asked about it to make sure. What I posted about the rollbar and OEM hardtop is the reply I got. I don't want to provide the wrong information and have people register but unable to run their S at the track on the day of.
Yup, you did the right thing by contacting the organizer.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:01 AM

Bumping this up as there seems to be some interest from yesterday's karting event. Please let me know before you register so I can request the $50 off coupon code for us.