New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

New member needs a hand...

Old 05-23-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member needs a hand...

Hey guys! Glad to be on the board and hoping I will be an owner soon enough.

I found this ridiculous deal on a Stook Thursday and currently have a "hold" deposit on the car until I can get from CT to NJ to work out paperwork and whatnot. Here is the ad:

2000 Honda S2000
$10,995, black, 49,404 mi, 4 Cyl., 2.0, Fuel Injected, 6 Speed Manual, PS, PDL, PW, Power Mirrors, AM/FM Stereo Radio, CD, Tachometer, Air, Leather Upholstery, Power Convertible Top, Center Console, Keyless Entry, Rollover Protection System, Xenon Headlights, 2WD, Cruise, Anti-Theft Device(s), Auto Express Down Window, Reading Light(s), Dual Air Bags, Intermittent Wipers, Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), 12V Power Source, Leather Wrap Steering Wheel, Beverage Holder (s), VIN:JHMAP1141YT003666

I know that this is a screamin' deal and I'm a little anxious about it. I really want the car, but it almost seems to be one of those "too good to be true" instances.

I know it's a Honda and it looks well cared for in the pics provided, so unless something screams "Don't buy me..." I think all should be well mechanically. The CarFax came back clean. I know how to check panel gaps, orange peel, etc, etc. But I'm just so skeptical that this is a straightforward, together car that I'd like some help.

Are there any knowledgeable members available in the Little Falls, NJ area available tomorrow to do an inspection for me? ...Or even better, can you guys recommend a garage local to the area that can do a prepurchase inspection for me? Obviously I will be happy to provide reasonable compensation.

Hopefully I can get a response from someone and I'm not in this alone. I just want to make sure it's a worthwhile purchase and being 2.5 hours away from it, it's tough to really take the time to do so. Also, if you could offer up any other tips on how I could look for tooling or suspicious welds on the frame, I would be ever so grateful.

This is a Dodge Dealer, BTW. Not a private sale.

Thanks guys! I look forward to being an active member of the community!

*edit* - I will be arriving at the dealership somewhere in the 1030-11 timeframe tomorrow morning!
Old 05-23-2008, 06:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

nice price! wow. as far as s2000 knowledgeable people in the Little Falls area, I can recommend Minitoyota (Jeff) but not sure if he will do a PPI ... pm him.