New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Need a motor!

Old 05-26-2009, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

angr what mods do you have? is your car eating up coolant or oil or both? what do your fluids look like? how many miles?

usually only the extreme lunatics need a whole new motor to make things right....
Old 05-26-2009, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the inline pro turbo setup 400 hp turbo. basically my problem just started with the block and i took it to billman and he basically told me it was valve number 4 thats making the clicking noise and not my timing chain. like a month later i noticed white smoke when i step on the gas only mainly.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:18 PM

i just got the car like 3 and a half months ago from a shady ex member. so im stuck with it. i dont have the funds to buy a new block so im basically driving around until it really going to start smoking or the engine blows. which ever comes first. a new block billman told me 2800. so basically i think its just better to get a good used engine. but how much would it cost me for the whole engine brand new. im thinking over 5 thousand or more.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:33 PM

smoke at interesting points of driving could be a seal going in the turbo. i definitely would trust billman and what he says but you may have more than one issue happening at the same time.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:39 PM

yeah im trying to figure out whats the cause of the smoke is. i tried texing billman over the weekend but i didnt get a response. im going to try calling him and see if i can make an a appointment for this sunday. i want to do a compression test and maybe he has some input on the smoke.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 PM

i could live with the loud clicking noise but smoke is another thing. i tried driving with the top down over the weekend and me and my friend had headachs by the time we got back home
Old 05-26-2009, 10:43 PM

yeah im trying to figure out whats the cause of the smoke is. i tried texing billman over the weekend but i didnt get a response. im going to try calling him and see if i can make an a appointment for this sunday. i want to do a compression test and maybe he has some input on the smoke.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:45 PM

turbo cars smell to begin with - you should know that by now!

what does your car smell like? i know thats kind of an odd question but it could help to diagnose certain things. a compression test would be great as well. you could have the beginning of a blown head gasket, a bad seal in the turbo, or some other form of fun.

post up compression test numbers as soon as you can. also, check your coolant and oil and see if they are clean or appear tainted or contaminated by some other type of fluid.

as for the valve tick - have you ever over-rev'd the car? are you thoughtful enough to warm your car up completely before beating on it? what kind of oil are you using? do you have any relocation lines? oil pressure gauge? what does it read?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:51 PM

i use synthetic and i keep up with the oil levels and coolant. i never over rev. i do beat on it once in a while to 7 or 8 sometimes but never 9. i dont abuse the car everyday. the fumes smell lime regular fumes like when you first start your car in the morning and it smokes out but the problem is its happening to much to the point when say if your driving and approach a stop sign a small cloud of fumes will come up front and then thats it. its not constant. when i mean its not constant its not smoking like the car looks like its about to catch fire. it mostly happens when i rev.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:53 PM

no i dont have a oil pressure gage and i do have relocation lines. and i always warm up the car even if its summer.

Quick Reply: Need a motor!