New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Need to borrow/rent/buy a Fender Roller ASAP...

Old 07-17-2006, 06:05 PM

Received 1,401 Likes on 839 Posts

To me, it looks like the fronts can be rolled. not as much as the back, but it may be enoguh.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billman250,Jul 17 2006, 09:05 PM
To me, it looks like the fronts can be rolled. not as much as the back, but it may be enoguh.
Yup....you can roll that 1/2 inch or whatever that is. However, I strongly advise you against cutting it off. If you rub, youll shred your tire.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I donna guys there isn't a 1/2 inch on the fronts maybe a 1/4 "
and none of the body shops will roll the fronts( must be a reason why). besides Mike's
tire grabbed the tab thingy because the way the tire was turned
I don't think rolling will help that. you need to raise it, get wider
fenders, Or perhaps rims with the proper offset. Just my $.02

Good lick either way Mike I feel bad for you
Old 07-17-2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jacko,Jul 17 2006, 10:45 PM
I donna guys there isn't a 1/2 inch on the fronts maybe a 1/4 "
and none of the body shops will roll the fronts( must be a reason why). besides Mike's
tire grabbed the tab thingy because the way the tire was turned
I don't think rolling will help that. you need to raise it, get wider
fenders, Or perhaps rims with the proper offset. Just my $.02
Old 07-17-2006, 07:51 PM

Well, since my fender is F'd up already I need to roll it anyway, so even if it gave an 1/8" I would still do it. Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it. I tried the bat thing on top of my tire and made it a little better, but I need to get a roller to make it look stock again. Even if my tire still hits the fender for one foot when I am coming up my driveway it will be ok if its rolled because it won't be able to pull the fender out anymore. At least this is what I have been told. Worse comes to worse I will raise the car, but i'm just pissed because if tirerack wasn't retarded I would have went with 215's in the front instead, but I guess you need to learn the hard way. I thought I would be fine because my Ro_Ja's have been running the same tire size for over a year, but the offsets must be higher on those wheels. I'll keep you guys posted, hopefully a bodyshop will let me rent it from them.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:20 PM

Wow the same exact thing happened to my passenger fender! I was driving to my girlfriend's house and noticed a weird grinding noise every time I hit a bump. When I got there, I noticed that my fender looked just like that.

Unfortunately, it had already taken some nice chunks out of the tire... and would do even worse damage if I tried to drive home. I ended up using handle of a shovel to temporarily bend it back into place. (Same as the baseball bat technique) That worked... but I ended up with a mangled looking fender lip.

So... I bought a fender roller from Eastwood and rolled both front fenders. Yes it is possible to roll them... it took about an hour tops, and now the tops of the fender lips are completely flush. The process of rolling the passenger fender actually massaged the dented area back into shape, and it looks as good as before.

Thus, it is possible to roll the fronts. The only problem is that you'll no longer be able to attach the top fender liner clips.... but mine were sheared off anyway.

Now I have absolutely no issues with rubbing and can safely drive over bumps without getting nervous...

Too bad this didn't happen a week earlier... I just sold the fender roller to another member.

Jimmy
Old 07-17-2006, 08:22 PM

By the way, you can get one on ebay for about $220 and then sell it again for the same price. I ended up buying one new for $265 and then selling it for $235. So it only cost me $30 to roll my fenders... and I did it at my convenience.

Here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EASTWOOD-FENDER-ROLLER...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 PM

^ Thanks , you just gave me some hope... if I can't find a bodyshop to rent me one tomorrow i'll order one and then re-sell it. Anyone else need their fenders rolled if I order one?
Old 07-18-2006, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Jul 17 2006, 09:05 PM
^ Thanks , you just gave me some hope... if I can't find a bodyshop to rent me one tomorrow i'll order one and then re-sell it. Anyone else need their fenders rolled if I order one?
Dude I will chip in. I need to get my rear done.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:44 AM

Mike I need my rears done too. While I'm at it maybe I'll do the front's just in case. Eventually I want to drop mine so better safe then sorry. Maybe we could do it at tech day?

Quick Reply: Need to borrow/rent/buy a Fender Roller ASAP...