New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Morning rush hour

Old 06-05-2008, 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Morning rush hour

Ok so every morning I take my grandfather to where his boss lives since he doesn't drive and his boss drives the work truck, its about a half hour away driving the limit off of 80W from the GWB. On my way back it's usually around 7:30 so it's started to get congested depending on accidents and weather and such. SO on 80 E in the express lane, I have still not come to the conclusion as to why transit buses are allowed onto the express lane or in the passing lane on the express lane. I;m attempting to follow an older model Carrera just because I know that they aren't trying to take their time. I'm not exactly trying to sit in traffic to get home either. I fail at following him and am trying to get around a bus, unfortunately so is everyone else, so I cut back behind the bus but I'm a car behind. The woman in front of me is in a Scion Xb and starts throwing her hands up, looking in the rearview, mouthing who knows what at me. I wasn't high beaming her and I don;t think I was excessively close for going 55. Granted thats the speed limit, close to NO ONE on 80 goes 55. Now I'm not saying I wanna be doing 100, but a smooth 70 or 75 to keep up with the local lane is nice. Now the bus moves, then she gets over,I go to pass she speeds up and gives me the finger. Opens her window, and starts shouting. I wasn't exactly happy because I dont feel like starting my day off because some woman hasn't had decent sex in 30 years or whatever the reason. It just isn't necessary, so showed her how it felt to drive retardly slow and moved in front of her and slowed to 30 MPH. Stayed for a second waited for others to catch up to her and honk, sped up and went home. Now I'm sitting annoyed as to what the hell are some people's problems in the morning, we're all in the same traffic, no need to flip me off.

oh and BTW Something that made my day, especially for all city go-ers and people who dislike "meter maids"

My new hero: Jimmy Justice
Old 06-05-2008, 06:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Been there, done that many times. It takes too much effort to 'get back at them". I'm better off just ignoring them. Less stress, less worries, keeps you young.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:21 AM

yeah genrally i smile wave and turn my music up downshift and mouth I CANT HEAR YOU WHAT?!?!?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:05 AM

My god, don't get me started on left lane pluggers. Going at or below the speed limit in the left lane is a state-wide past time in NJ.

I always love when they're doing 55 in a 65 and they try and brake check me when I come up on them in the passing lane. Do they really think their 1982 Chevy Cavalier is going to out brake a sportscar and scare me enough to "learn my lesson"?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Banned

Left lane squatters need to be punted like how Dale Earnhardt Sr used to do it when he wanted to get by a slow driver in his way.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:53 AM

sadly i always get flash back of playing video games when i just wanna PIT them
Old 06-05-2008, 09:05 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scott2055,Jun 5 2008, 11:05 AM
My god, don't get me started on left lane pluggers. Going at or below the speed limit in the left lane is a state-wide past time in NJ.

I always love when they're doing 55 in a 65 and they try and brake check me when I come up on them in the passing lane. Do they really think their 1982 Chevy Cavalier is going to out brake a sportscar and scare me enough to "learn my lesson"?
I'll usually give them a few seconds to move over (assuming there is room), if they don't I'll hold my horn down till they get a clue that they are blocking me and all the traffic behind me. If they don't get out of the way...well my horn will be getting some endurance training then
Old 06-05-2008, 11:07 AM

i just smile and wave at stupid people... it makes them a lot madder then if u gave them the finger back... although sometimes a good finger and some hearty verbal abuse doesnt hurt either
Old 06-05-2008, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by s2killa,Jun 5 2008, 11:07 AM
i just smile and wave at stupid people... it makes them a lot madder then if u gave them the finger back... although sometimes a good finger and some hearty verbal abuse doesnt hurt either
Yup, I always just wave and smile.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:41 PM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

i have tried to just let karma do its course, but sometimes, when people get under my skin, i get in front of them, put my car into neutral and bounce it off the rev limiter. With my AEM EMS tuning, i have ignition cut off before fuel, so when it bounces off the rev limiter, a bunch of unburnt fuel goes flying out the exhaust exploding in big old fire ball! When i did it to someone that cut me off and then had the audacity to give me the finger, the backfire was so loud and big, that it lit up the highway behind me! The person slammed the brakes on and nearly went off the road! i couldnt help but smile, but in the future i just need to stay calm and let it slide!

Quick Reply: Morning rush hour