New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Looking for an entry level job in NYC

Old 01-09-2007, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an entry level job in NYC

Hey NY crew,

I am currently a new college graduate with a degree in Business Management of Economics. I've been in the process of trying to find a job in New York City, but after 4 months, I still have no luck. I'm not being really picky, just something entry level that's not leading to something dead end. I am ideally looking for something in finance, sales, banking ir marketing, but anything is good.

Just wondering if any of you guys have open positions at your companies. I am pretty serious about relocating if the job search goes well, so therefore, I'm willing to fly out for interviews and whatnot. The reason I want to work and relocate to NYC is because I eventually want to get my MBA in NY and hopefully transition to an investment banking position. It's a long shot, but its still worth a shot.

A little about myself:
- University of California, Santa Cruz [BA Business Management of Economics]
- Currently working for Cavium Networks [semiconductor start up company] in Operations department. [since August 2006]

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:24 AM

That's a pretty wide range (sales, marketing, banking). If you can narrow it down maybe someone can give you a lead. Also, what do you do at your current job? Operations is kinda vague. Let people know what you're good at.

Good luck to you Banana Slug.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:08 AM

IF you want to sell office supplies send me your resume. I think we are looking for entry level sales people. My company is Corpporate Express, and we are a global supplier. www.cexp.com
If you want to check out our history. We are as big as Staples, but not with retail. We only do corporate.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:50 AM

I would PM LarryH. He works for JP morgan and I know they're looking for people.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:13 AM

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm basically looking for any finance position besides accounting. As for sales and marketing, anything that can get my foot through the door and build my resume.

Here is my current resume:

Education
BA. Business Management Economics, June 2006
University of California. Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz, CA.

Relevant Coursework:
Economics of Accounting, Marketing, Economics of Labor, Managerial Economics, Computer Science, Economy of Southeast Asia, Intro & Adv Macroeconomics, Marketing, and Intro & Adv Microeconomics.

Experience
Operations, August 2006
Old 01-09-2007, 10:05 AM
HJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luckys_gal,Jan 9 2007, 07:08 AM
IF you want to sell office supplies send me your resume. I think we are looking for entry level sales people. My company is Corpporate Express, and we are a global supplier. www.cexp.com
If you want to check out our history. We are as big as Staples, but not with retail. We only do corporate.
Wow, I didn't know that's where you worked? My boss's cousin works there as well, supposedly pulls in a lot of money.

I'll keep an eye open with my company to see if there's anything open. I work with AIG Financial Advisors.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:25 AM

Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ducmann996,Jan 9 2007, 11:50 AM
I would PM LarryH. He works for JP morgan and I know they're looking for people.
Larry works for Morgan Stanley

Allen works for JP Morgan

But I hear you though man. Recently, I too have been looking for a job out in the city and in finance as well. I think you will begin to hear things by Feb-March. This is when people get their performance reviews and things begin to open up.

Good Luck with the search
Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Z,Jan 9 2007, 01:39 PM
Larry works for Morgan Stanley

Allen works for JP Morgan

But I hear you though man. Recently, I too have been looking for a job out in the city and in finance as well. I think you will begin to hear things by Feb-March. This is when people get their performance reviews and things begin to open up.

Good Luck with the search
Thanks. Just sent Larry H a PM
Old 01-09-2007, 04:42 PM

hey i'm a lambda too, you should contact the nyu bros. a lot of them are in finance. good luck with the job search

Quick Reply: Looking for an entry level job in NYC