New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Just got my s2k

Old 09-07-2003, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NFRs2000NYC
[B]

Haha...my boys are always like..yo man...there are 2 swk's a black and a silver....come down here.....WHenever Im not there you guys are there....dammit!
Old 09-07-2003, 03:05 PM

Hey Kane,

I'm up there by the 711 ocassionally but get tired with the challenges from the STIs and Evos. Anyway I sometimes take the wife's suzuka up there. I am working on the turbo kit once the car passes 3K, she only has 2K so far to stand up for the s2ks out there. You stated your going turbo, what kit and how many miles on your ride...see you around the blvd.
Old 09-07-2003, 03:15 PM

Congrats on the new car and good luck with keeping Black clean I have the same COMBO..... What a Pain in the ass to clean but hey its all good
Old 09-07-2003, 03:40 PM

Question: how are the cops over there now? they used to be such hard asses on Franny Lew
Old 09-07-2003, 04:24 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cops suck over there......they set up road blocks regularly now...its a pain.....

And yea....i know ed and Jimmy....we used to be tight, but then lost touch.

Ed was cool dude....Jimmy was on and off.....

Anyone know a guy names Neil....owner of Extreme Performance on Hillside...
one cool dude.....helped me out at 4 am when my car was screwed up (not my s2k)
Old 09-07-2003, 05:40 PM

hope to u see u sometime blue.....I've never ever seen a blue s2k in my whole life...I would really like to see one. Amazing how i've never noticed any of u guys that goto franny lew. Just go for the turbo now...that's wat i've been doing and I've gotten the green light to do so by a lot of people (people who know their stuff).

I've got about 1500 miles on my s2k and i've been installing my Ultimate Racing Turbo kit. The manual is just retarded...no help at all during important steps and some steps are just retarded. I've been stuck on this stupid oil return line drilling because there is no room. So I had to improvise. Drilling the oil pan instead of the block.

I met Dave today...cool guy....very very nice clean red s2k (even though we had a bleech and bird incident) . Sorry we couldnt finish it tonite....but its just a matter of me finding the drill right now. Everything else is installed!

The cops come by 7-11 at 1-1:30 exactly every nite and tell every1 to get out.

Me personally, I'm tired of CLK's asking to race for slips. I JUST GOT THE DAMN CAR!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!

Ya...black sux wit keeping clean...but when it is
Old 09-07-2003, 06:19 PM

Thats kinda interesting that you were given the okay at 1500 miles. That car typically needs to be a bit pampered for the first 3500 miles or so for a decent break-in. UR makes a great kit and I'm sure your car will be a monster when complete. Good luck and I'll see ya around...
Old 09-07-2003, 07:58 PM

they said its ok to install it and possibly run it a bit hard once in a blue moon (which i can definately do). The main thing is that it's perfectly fine to install it now as long as I dont beat on it at all and shouldnt hamper anything for break-in. Just to constantly watch the oil level and keep it pretty up there (like normal break-in).
Old 09-08-2003, 03:25 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have fun with that UR turbo. Make sure you get it tuned because there have been major complaints about that on this forum. BTW, with the s2000, I often find you should seek the advice of the board instead of the "people who know their stuff". Having owned and modified many cars in the past. This car is very different. The high compression, weak drivetrain, and high rpm capabilities of this car is very different then anything most people will encounter. The F20C is different then all the B series, H series or even the K series engines that a lot of "experts" are familiar with.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:26 AM

Kane,

turbo summed it up rather well. Most tuners out there are not familar with this motor or drivetrain. A few good local spots that you could consult are Paisley (Craig), DRT (Rafael) or TunerM (Mitch). Use the board as much as possible and reachout to folks as turbo and wesmater for advice. By the way who are you working with?

Quick Reply: Just got my s2k