New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Just got my J's Racing 70RR

Old 05-23-2012, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my J's Racing 70RR

I just got my J's 70RR stainless steel headerback exhaust in yesterday. I was going to get the titanium, but I couldn't take the chance with NY and its horrible roads. Anyway I only had this exhaust for 2 days now, but I have a good feeling about this one already. So here is my little review incase anyone was interested.

I'll start with the pros. First off the thing is definitely worth every penny. Lol even the box looks nice with the J's Racing packaging tape lol.

But seriously the craftmanship is amazing, I was literally drooling as I examined and admired every weld on the exhaust before I installed it.

One of my favorite things about this exhaust is that it is a headerback exhaust. Perfect for a turbo setup which is why I bought it. Also, no gaskets to worry about. On my previous tanabe concept g exhaust, the gaskets used to deteriorate causing leaks. You never have to worry about it with this exhaust. The exhaust is much lighter than stock, but it is significantly heavier than the titanium version. Performance wise, I can't really say much since my car is back to N/A until I get ready for my next turbo setup. But, I can say that the car breathes better up top at WOT, that's without a tune. I'll get a better Idea when I go turbo in the near future. Sound wise, its pretty loud. I wasn't expecting it to be as loud as it is. I'm gonna have to remove the rear tray because it rattles so much. It's definitely not for a daily driver, so I'm glad I don't daily my S. Lookwise, I think the traditional stock dual exhaust looks the best, but I'm really going for performance over looks so I don't mind. Honestly I think it looks pretty good though.

Con's. Besides the fact that you need to fix the o2 sensor to stop throwing a code, not much really imo. I'm gonna get an angled o2 bung, hopefully that will solve the CEL. Anyway that was my little review, overall I definitely like the exhaust. Hopefully those of you that were interested in getting this exhast will get a better feel of what this exhaust is like. Here are a couple of pics to end with.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks awesome! $_$

So it's 70mm all through out until you get to the tip?
Old 05-24-2012, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those taillights are horrendous. Exhaust looks nice though
Old 05-24-2012, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by S~Factor
Looks awesome! $_$

So it's 70mm all through out until you get to the tip?
Yup, its 70mm all the way through the tip. Minus the can and silencer at the end. I took the silencer out, stopped a lot of the rattle.

Originally Posted by SeanSerino
Those taillights are horrendous. Exhaust looks nice though
Lmao I know everyone keeps telling me about those taillights. I know their disgusting hahaha. The only reason I'm keeping them is because they function 10 times better than stock. Much brighter and has 2 brake rings on each taillight instead of one. I definitely need that because I have no more 3rd brake light.

Originally Posted by rosario717
I got the 60dual rs about a month ago! I totally agree with the fit n finish is fantastic.. Theres nothing on it that will rattle or come loose since everything is welded unlike my pos invidia from before that I happily tossed into a dumpster lol I wanted the 70rr or rs but it would be too loud for daily use like I do so chose the 60rs which is definetely quieter than my previous exhausts and I feel a bit more pull through the power band especially mated to a berks hfc as well. So far it was worth the wait n money!!
Lol that's crazy, I'm glad I never got the invidia. Yea, I really wanted to get a dual cuz its quieter and I think it looks a lot better on the S, but I was going for maximum performance on a turbo setup. I def agree with its worth the money and wait lolll.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:21 AM

Awesome exhaust. I have the same one and mine doesn't rattle. I took my silencer out too and your right it's so loud but so awesome. I don't think this system is that much heavier then the Ti version.

Good luck with yours man.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One question when you said removing the rear tray to get rid of the rattle, do you mean the fuel pump cover that has the three phillips head screws holding it down behind the removable trunk walls.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:12 AM

No, its the convertible tray. It really only serves as a cosmetic garnishment so its np taking out. Most ppl take it out for roll bar setups too.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by SkateForGirl
Awesome exhaust. I have the same one and mine doesn't rattle. I took my silencer out too and your right it's so loud but so awesome. I don't think this system is that much heavier then the Ti version.

Good luck with yours man.
Thx, this is def my fav exhaust out of my setups so far. Your lucky, my tray rattled like crazy lol