New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Ideal NYC/Metro area suspension

Old 03-28-2012, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, Alan.... I'm having a brain fart lol. I remember they were red.

Edit* regular Swift Sport.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:53 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Originally Posted by h i 9 h r 3 v z' timestamp='1332605845' post='21539695
Is anyone in the metro area running on swift springs?
Yes but he doesn't come on here much. My MY00 ran swift and when I auto-x'd with an instructor, he said "damn man.. you got a perfect setup.. what are you running"

It was no surprise that the guy I sold my car to was an autox guy and loved the drive home. I pretty sure he still has the setup. I loved that setup for the money and my only complaint was it was rough for my daily commute and some metro roads.
have u ridden in a car with eibachs? im curious to see how they stack up, i was originally in for swift, but billman has persuaded me to go eibach
Old 03-28-2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by hand banana
Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc' timestamp='1332976028' post='21553729
[quote name='h i 9 h r 3 v z' timestamp='1332605845' post='21539695']
Yes but he doesn't come on here much. My MY00 ran swift and when I auto-x'd with an instructor, he said "damn man.. you got a perfect setup.. what are you running"

It was no surprise that the guy I sold my car to was an autox guy and loved the drive home. I pretty sure he still has the setup. I loved that setup for the money and my only complaint was it was rough for my daily commute and some metro roads.
have u ridden in a car with eibachs? im curious to see how they stack up, i was originally in for swift, but billman has persuaded me to go eibach
[/quote]

Probably not to the extent that Billman has lol. I wish I had the chance to have driven (not just ridden) in cars setup with both setups on the roads that I know well. When I had my old Swift Sport setup I used to commute about 50miles a day from Queens to LI. The LI roads weren't that bad but some parts of Queens and especialy when I would head up to the Bronx my car was taking a beating along with my back lol.

Another thing for you guys to consider when you are going for comfort are tires and wheel size. Larger wheel size and stiff tires make a harsher ride. For example I had 17"s with Star Specs and even with the Swifts, I would notice an improved difference with 16"s on snow tires.

I rode in Nick's car when he had Tein springs and we were going to trade at one point because I wanted more comfort. I believe Teins are close to Eibachs.

Hope that helped and once I get my Eibachs I can post a better comparison.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hated my Teins, thats why I didn't wanna trade with Henry. They seemed unbalanced and weak drop, I bought them on eBay so they may have been fake?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nick.
I hated my Teins, thats why I didn't wanna trade with Henry. They seemed unbalanced and weak drop, I bought them on eBay so they may have been fake?
Maybe those were made in China They had felt pretty good but you didn't push the car the times I rode with you.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by hand banana' timestamp='1332978798' post='21553891
[quote name='2ks2knyc' timestamp='1332976028' post='21553729']

[/quote]

Probably not to the extent that Billman has lol. I wish I had the chance to have driven (not just ridden) in cars setup with both setups on the roads that I know well. When I had my old Swift Sport setup I used to commute about 50miles a day from Queens to LI. The LI roads weren't that bad but some parts of Queens and especialy when I would head up to the Bronx my car was taking a beating along with my back lol.

Another thing for you guys to consider when you are going for comfort are tires and wheel size. Larger wheel size and stiff tires make a harsher ride. For example I had 17"s with Star Specs and even with the Swifts, I would notice an improved difference with 16"s on snow tires.

I rode in Nick's car when he had Tein springs and we were going to trade at one point because I wanted more comfort. I believe Teins are close to Eibachs.

[/quote]

Just bought the eibachs, once I get them. Ill let everyone know how they are with the stock shocks. Henry, maybe we can take a ride once there in and you can add to my post.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by jlozano180
Just bought the eibachs, once I get them. Ill let everyone know how they are with the stock shocks. Henry, maybe we can take a ride once there in and you can add to my post.
Sounds like a plan. When do you expect to have them on? It would be great if you can talk to Eric. He has the Koni yellow setup you are considering. He had one complaint about the car sitting uneven but we haven't followed up on it since he has been busy lately.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Henry are you making a data base of every s2000 owners suspension opinions?
Old 03-28-2012, 06:33 PM

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hand banana' timestamp='1332978798' post='21553891
[quote name='2ks2knyc' timestamp='1332976028' post='21553729']

[/quote]

[/quote]
Weil IF the Swifts are harsh compared to the Eibachs on bad roads then that might be a deal breaker for me. I commute from the bronx to queens all the time and I suffer enough on just stock springs. I might just pull the trigger on the Eibach pro-kit if I don't find anyone with a swift setup soon.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 PM

So much good info here! I wish the Eibachs springs would give a bigger drop. I was looking at the "lower end coilovers" but i guess i should stay away from those coilovers. I wish i could have the comfortable ride of the Eibach springs with the drop of a coilover! (just day dreaming lol)

Quick Reply: Ideal NYC/Metro area suspension