New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

I bought a S2000 and got ripped off

Old 03-16-2016, 08:34 AM

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DC206R
You guys are savage with the yelp/FB reviews. lol
Keep 'em coming as far as I'm concerned, they brought this on themselves.

Best of luck OP in getting everything resolved... looks like your story is really starting to get some traction, I think your thread single handedly brought S2Ki down for about the past hour due to all the views from around the internet
Old 03-16-2016, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FurY
Originally Posted by DC206R' timestamp='1458145875' post='23910303
You guys are savage with the yelp/FB reviews. lol
Keep 'em coming as far as I'm concerned, they brought this on themselves.

Best of luck OP in getting everything resolved... looks like your story is really starting to get some traction, I think your thread single handedly brought S2Ki down for about the past hour due to all the views from around the internet
Reddit crashed it. I posted this on /cars /autos and /s2000. They're eating it up over there and many are offering some great advice which has been posted here for the most part. It sounds like Lon is moving forward with this in the corect way. I'm glad to see the ball moving. It's appauling that something like this would happen.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems a few of my friends have spread this story into a few other car circles in SoCal and it was even posted on the Facebook Eibach Meet group. Few people even want to visit the guy at his work hah.

Sorry to hear about all this sh*t man, seems like enough SoCal S2K and even non S2K owners want to help in some way. It would be funny if we gathered enough people to show up at this place to "talk" to this guy in person haha.. This is the old Vis building isn't it? Damn I wish knew you man, or knew anyone in SoCal when you were visiting, I'm sure enough legit S2K owners would have let you stored the car at their place after you flew down and bought it, till the moving/transport truck you hired was there to pick it up. Least you wouldn't have had to leave it there after paying for it.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone in Socal has to know the guy on here or Facebook. I'm really wishing someone can help u out as a witness and get this pos from ripping u off man. Good luck bro. Please keep us updated
Old 03-16-2016, 08:42 AM

Posted it on the purist group on fscebook. Hopefully this gets resolved and you get your parts!
Old 03-16-2016, 08:49 AM

Please contact me, I may have some info - 626-435-5435
Old 03-16-2016, 08:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yourboysoap
It's incredible that someone who owns a shop is willing to throw away his reputation just to scam someone out of a couple thousand dollars. Even with all the extras on the car, $33k is a nice payoff for that car. What's to be gained here?

Best of luck to you Lon.
All I can think of is PURE greed and lack of decency.. Thank you

Originally Posted by ICrazyChrisI
The second I saw the store front, it immediately brought back bad memories..that's VIS' old headquarters. Sad to see the new owners are crooks just like its old tenants. I hope you get this guy for what he owes you, and then some.
Thanks

Originally Posted by 1987
I really don't think you care I would of been in Cali the same day the car arrived
I was in Cali?

Originally Posted by animeS2K
Someone on reddit suggested filing a claim with your insurance. If you had full insurance on another car at the time, it should extend to this car even if you didn't yet have it listed on the policy. They'll pay out for the theft and go after the seller to get their money back.

Worth exploring, way less hassle than handling it yourself.

Best of luck, from someone that misses their own s2k and very much would love to pick another one up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...00_and/d11vtxo
I will look into this. Thanks for your help/support.

Originally Posted by S2kMarkus
id be getting a lawyer, STAT.
Working on it.

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
It is good to see how this thread is getting so much attention. Aside from all the empty threats and forum bravado some people are adding some great stuff.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD OF THIS DEAL GONE WRONG TO EXPOSE THESE SCAMMERS.

I can personally vouch for Lon's integrity and character. I purchased his last S off of him and this guy was totally honest, fair and not to mention patient with the transaction. He could have easily made more money off of me but didn't and even let me rock his very expensive wheels for weeks until I was able to pick up a set of my own.

It's sad that in today's world a hand shake and spoken word mean NOTHING. My transaction with Lon was solely on a man's word which clearly these shit bags all covering for each other do not know the meaning of. A deal is a deal and I hope karma makes it's way into their lives till things get resolved, if they ever do.
Thank Henry, I am always straight forward and honest with people because I believe what goes around, comes around. I hope this f*cker runs into a wall of karama soon.

Originally Posted by Orjinal
http://www.paragonautomotives.com/team.php

Lon, is that Allen/Bo Hong?
No, that's not him. That could be the real owner, Russell.

Originally Posted by boosted180sx
Originally Posted by Mack21' timestamp='1458136102' post='23910161
User county update:

1175 User(s) are reading this topic
17 members, 1157 guests, 1 anonymous users
2136 User(s) are reading this topic
19 members, 2117 guests, 0 anonymous users

the internet is a scary thing.

I am from socal and it's really sad to see someone from around here scamming another user.
I hope you end up receiving all the parts you paid for. I would definitely not be as calm as you are if it were to happen to me
Thank you. All the support of this forum and the internet has given me a chance to let my story be heard and protect anyone else from being scammed by these LOW LIFES.

Originally Posted by rhouck
Originally Posted by LonS2k' timestamp='1458131763' post='23910076
I have already contacted the police and a lawyer and his local CAPD about how to further pursue.
Let me know if you end up needing a CA lawyer. I don't practice in this area, but was discussing your case yesterday with a friend who is a NY lawyer, and I might be able to refer you to someone out here in the LA area if needed.

Definitely don't let this slip through the cracks.
Thanks! PM me , I am looking around for legal advice/representation.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:51 AM

2404 User(s) are reading this topic
39 members, 2365 guests, 0 anonymous users

Catching on like wildfire...

I'm not too worried about the OP's position right now. This is an easy case/win for any competent business lawyer. I'm sure the OP will get what's rightfully entitled to him. It's just sad to see that people lack any moral compass in this day and age, especially in the tight-knit S2K community. Everything comes back full circle.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:01 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LonS2k
Yeah , I noticed that too.

Thanks man, I was actually eyeing your exhaust waiting to get this car and swap it out.

Glad to see this is shaping up in your favor!

Side note: If you do swap out the Greddy, I'd be interested.

Hope to see a happy end to this one, good luck going forward!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:09 AM

Sold my car a few years ago but I had to pop in when I saw this blowing up on Reddit! The S2k community is great and has been for a while, hopefully you get some justice from all this. Good luck OP! I've got a yelp review to write about some scumbags running a car dealership out in CA.

Quick Reply: I bought a S2000 and got ripped off