New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

I bought a S2000 and got ripped off

Old 03-16-2016, 02:36 AM
B-T

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Call a California business lawyer. They will write a letter for around $300, and the guy will likely cave and send you the hardtop and suspension. If he doesn't his expenses will probably exceed the cost of the car. Lawyer time adds up quick. Good luck, and don't let that jerk get away with it.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:53 AM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

File a police report at the least.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250
You have dated pictures of said "AS IS" agreement. I'm sure you have dated pics in your phone. I'd legally hang his ass.

You paid for what you saw in Cali, and he stole parts from it. He is as guilty as a thief.

Sad to see s2ki as the new hangout for slimeball business ethic.
My thought exactly. "As is" - well I have dated pics of "as it." Sounds like a perfect episode of Judge Judy.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:31 AM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by LonS2k
OEM HARD TOP STAND
OEM GPW HARD TOP
KW V3 COIL OVERS
he replies to my email .. "we didn't sign any proof document on paper saying the car includes hardtop and suspension" and I get the car "as is" which seems to be a term he likes to hide behind now. He is correct, I did not have him sign any documentation stating the car includes the parts
I hope everyone realizes how stupid this guy sounds with his "as is" comment.

You also didn't sign anything that says the car comes with the engine that was in it, the seats, cluster, etc. You paid for the car AS IS/AS YOU SAW IT, which the pics clearly show the hardtop. AND it is stated in his add.

Give him one opportunity to send the parts that he stole off the car, or put him and that shop on blast all over the net.

You have a winning case here my man, and this guy is a crook. Any lawyer will see it. Do not sit back on this one, get the law involved and I'm sure everyone on s2ki has your back.

He took those parts AFTER YOU PAID FOR THEM. Whether still in Cali or in your driveway in NY, he stole them. He saw an opportunity to steal and he did. Report those parts stolen. Grand larceny.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:39 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LonS2k' timestamp='1458072185' post='23909386

OEM HARD TOP STAND
OEM GPW HARD TOP
KW V3 COIL OVERS
he replies to my email .. "we didn't sign any proof document on paper saying the car includes hardtop and suspension" and I get the car "as is" which seems to be a term he likes to hide behind now. He is correct, I did not have him sign any documentation stating the car includes the parts

You also didn't sign anything that says the car comes with the engine that was in it, the seats, cluster, etc. You paid for the car AS IS/AS YOU SAW IT, which the pics clearly show the hardtop. AND it is stated in his add.

Give him one opportunity to send the parts that he stole off the car, or put him and that shop on blast all over the net.

You have a winning case here my man, and this guy is a crook. Any lawyer will see it. Do not sit back on this one, get the law involved and I'm sure everyone on s2ki has your back.

He took those parts AFTER YOU PAID FOR THEM. Whether still in Cali or in your driveway in NY, he stole them. He saw an opportunity to steal and he did. Report those parts stolen. Grand larceny.

This. I have friends in that area and have stopped by his shop a few times I think for autobody work in the past. Let me know if they need to go back for a "tune up".
Old 03-16-2016, 03:45 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

224 User(s) are reading this topic
8 members, 216 guests, 0 anonymous users

Old 03-16-2016, 03:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freq
People should pay their membership dues.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:13 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Mack21
Originally Posted by freq' timestamp='1458128755' post='23910034
People should pay their membership dues.
This topic is getting noticed.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone linked this thread on Yelp too

http://www.yelp.com/biz/paragon-automotive-monterey-park-2?hrid=Y-ziiGnlPeMQbdR--aBVvA&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medi um=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)
Old 03-16-2016, 04:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DutchyFutch
File a police report at the least.
Police report has to be filed in NY and then sent over to CA for further investigation.

Originally Posted by LonS2k' timestamp='1458072185' post='23909386

OEM HARD TOP STAND
OEM GPW HARD TOP
KW V3 COIL OVERS

This guy is basically throwing the situation in my face now with his "AS IS" bullsh*t.

I've already contacted him about returning the missing parts or money. He basically told me to go screw myself and said I don't have any paper work saying the parts were included and he sold me the car for fair market value with the parts he gave me.. almost implying he could've put the car back to stock if he wanted but he was being generous by at least giving me the VOLK TE37 and the GREDDY EXHAUST.

I have already contacted the police and a lawyer and his local CAPD about how to further pursue.

THANKS EVERYONE for the help and support. One of the BIGGEST reasons I chose to get back into a S2000.

Quick Reply: I bought a S2000 and got ripped off