New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

I bought a S2000 and got ripped off

Old 03-18-2016, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
I just spoke to someone there and told him I'm trying to find out about the S2000 story on the internet. He sounded solemn and told me that the owner allowed his former friend to sell the vehicle from his property. I told him "that's bad news because it reflects directly on their shop and it looks like the car was sold by your company" He said "I know and I'm very sorry" I told him "my friends would never do anything like that to me." He again apologized. I said that "You guys need to go on the forums and straighten it out because it reflects directly on your shop and people believe that it was your company. He said "I know and we are working to straighten it out with a lawyer" I told him good luck because it reflects very badly on you guys.
See how nice I can be
Should have asked them about the facebook page. Still seems suspect to me, them taking down the old facebook page and what not.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:57 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ICrazyChrisI
Originally Posted by Piero914' timestamp='1458306731' post='23912509
Imagine if the car came and it was a BRZ!

I kid i kid.
Or a Miata
lol hey miatas are fun man. i enjoyed the hell out of my NA good training car for the s2k
Old 03-18-2016, 08:59 AM

I just spoke to someone there and told him I'm trying to find out about the S2000 story on the internet. He sounded solemn and told me that the owner allowed his former friend to sell the vehicle from his property. I told him "that's bad news because it reflects directly on their shop and it looks like the car was sold by your company" He said "I know and I'm very sorry" I told him "my friends would never do anything like that to me." He again apologized. I said that "You guys need to go on the forums and straighten it out because it reflects directly on your shop and people believe that it was your company. He said "I know and we are working to straighten it out with a lawyer" I told him good luck because it reflects very badly on you guys.
See how nice I can be
Really? That's just BS. They don't need to contact a lawyer, they need to contact Lon and pony up the parts or cash. All other actions are nothing but diversion tactics. Had he returned the parts or paid for them - this would have been a closed case by now and not going viral any more than it has gone already.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:59 AM

Received 219 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by mfindigital
Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso' timestamp='1458319299' post='23912719
I just spoke to someone there and told him I'm trying to find out about the S2000 story on the internet. He sounded solemn and told me that the owner allowed his former friend to sell the vehicle from his property. I told him "that's bad news because it reflects directly on their shop and it looks like the car was sold by your company" He said "I know and I'm very sorry" I told him "my friends would never do anything like that to me." He again apologized. I said that "You guys need to go on the forums and straighten it out because it reflects directly on your shop and people believe that it was your company. He said "I know and we are working to straighten it out with a lawyer" I told him good luck because it reflects very badly on you guys.See how nice I can be
Should have asked them about the facebook page. Still seems suspect to me, them taking down the old facebook page and what not.
Someone else can call. In fact every good member (or guest) should. I'm sure everyone has a couple of spare minutes on their cellphone
Old 03-18-2016, 09:08 AM

I'll leave this here.

https://www.facebook.com/allen.hong.524

Just in case anyone else would like to drop Mr. Hong a line of encouragement to come to his senses.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by mvccrumpets
Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso' timestamp='1458319299' post='23912719
See how nice I can be

I was on Jalopnik looking through the comments when I saw this screenshot. The review is recent, but mentions Allen.

This one really went over your head didn't it..
Old 03-18-2016, 10:09 AM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

Cal. Penal Code § 484. Theft

(a) Every person who shall feloniously steal, take ... the personal property of another, or who shall fraudulently appropriate property which has been entrusted to him or her, or who shall knowingly and designedly, by any false or fraudulent representation or pretense, defraud any other person of money, ... or personal property, ... is guilty of theft. In determining the value of the property obtained, for the purposes of this section, the reasonable and fair market value shall be the test ... For the purposes of this section, any false or fraudulent representation or pretense made shall be treated as continuing, so as to cover any money, property or service received as a result thereof, and the complaint, information or indictment may charge that the crime was committed on any date during the particular period in question.

Cal. Penal Code § 532. Unlawful defrauding of person of money, labor, or property

(a) Every person who knowingly and designedly, by any false or fraudulent representation or pretense, defrauds any other person of money, labor, or property, whether real or personal, ... is punishable in the same manner and to the same extent as for larceny of the money or property so obtained.

Cal Penal Code § 504a. Fraudulent removal, concealment, or disposal of goods, chattels, or effects

Every person who shall fraudulently remove, conceal or dispose of any goods, chattels or effects ... or any personal property or effects of another in his possession, under a contract of purchase not yet fulfilled, and any person in possession of such goods, chattels, or effects knowing them to be subject to such lease or contract of purchase who shall so remove, conceal or dispose of the same with intent to injure or defraud the ... owner thereof, is guilty of embezzlement.

Cal Vehicle Code § 10852. Injuring or tampering with vehicle

No person shall either individually or in association with one or more other persons, wilfully injure or tamper with any vehicle or the contents thereof or break or remove any part of a vehicle without the consent of the owner.

Cal. Vehicle Code § 10854. Unlawful use of vehicle by person having storage, care, safekeeping, custody, or possession of vehicle

Every person having the storage, care, safe-keeping, custody, or possession of any vehicle of a type subject to registration under this code who, without the consent of the owner, takes, hires, runs, drives, or uses the vehicle or who takes or removes any part thereof is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished by a fine of not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000) or by imprisonment in the county jail for not exceeding one year or by both.

On the civil side, there should be a breach of contract case and an claim for return of goods on an implied bailment theory.

My guess is that the shop is not entirely innocent. They let the guy sell the car in their lot, providing a false suggestion that it was a legitimate deal. Also our boy probably removed the car's equipment using Paragon's equipment and shop.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by BlakeKleinCalabrese
Originally Posted by mvccrumpets' timestamp='1458320923' post='23912751
[quote name='Langelo DeMysterioso' timestamp='1458319299' post='23912719']I just spoke to someone there and told him I'm trying to find out about the S2000 story on the internet. He sounded solemn and told me that the owner allowed his former friend to sell the vehicle from his property. I told him "that's bad news because it reflects directly on their shop and it looks like the car was sold by your company" He said "I know and I'm very sorry" I told him "my friends would never do anything like that to me." He again apologized. I said that "You guys need to go on the forums and straighten it out because it reflects directly on your shop and people believe that it was your company. He said "I know and we are working to straighten it out with a lawyer" I told him good luck because it reflects very badly on you guys.See how nice I can be
I was on Jalopnik looking through the comments when I saw this screenshot. The review is recent, but mentions Allen.
This one really went over your head didn't it..
[/quote]

haha No I didn't miss it. That's the day this all started. I've been with this from Day 1. It's someone from the internet.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:58 AM

I think you can file lawsuit or small claim. I suggested you keep everything you got. the original advertisement, copy of your check so I believe you paid $33,000 and every conversation between you and that guy. Send him an email ask him to ship them to you or you will file lawsuit for it. Because the original advertisement is a good proof that what is for sales. Good luck!
Old 03-18-2016, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by BlakeKleinCalabrese' timestamp='1458321108' post='23912756
[quote name='mvccrumpets' timestamp='1458320923' post='23912751'][quote name='Langelo DeMysterioso' timestamp='1458319299' post='23912719']I just spoke to someone there and told him I'm trying to find out about the S2000 story on the internet. He sounded solemn and told me that the owner allowed his former friend to sell the vehicle from his property. I told him "that's bad news because it reflects directly on their shop and it looks like the car was sold by your company" He said "I know and I'm very sorry" I told him "my friends would never do anything like that to me." He again apologized. I said that "You guys need to go on the forums and straighten it out because it reflects directly on your shop and people believe that it was your company. He said "I know and we are working to straighten it out with a lawyer" I told him good luck because it reflects very badly on you guys.See how nice I can be
This one really went over your head didn't it..[/quote]haha No I didn't miss it. That's the day this all started. I've been with this from Day 1. It's someone from the internet.
[/quote]

However come to think of it. On day one I called and asked FOR ALLEN and they got him to come to the phone. Hmmmmm

Quick Reply: I bought a S2000 and got ripped off