New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

I bought a S2000 and got ripped off

Old 03-18-2016, 05:55 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

http://memegenerator.net/Allen-Bo-Hong/caption

Old 03-18-2016, 06:00 AM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

I assume you have a bill of sale of some sort, so you have his name and address.

My recommendation is to call the police, ask to speak to a detective or someone in the auto fraud division and file a criminal complaint with the police. It's either a theft or a criminal fraud. There may be some sort of program for victim's compensation.

For bait and switch, department of consumer protection.

Then I would file a complaint with the state's motor vehicle dept - same reason. File that against the shop. There seems to be an implied agency there. Let the shop owner get some pressure rom the State. Maybe he will put some pressure on his buddy, the seller.

Maybe contact the local t.v. station. Ask them to investigate it for you. Don't let up on the shop. That's maybe still your best bet.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:07 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,040 Likes on 2,684 Posts

I'd simply call LA cops and file a theft/ fraud report and formally charge him.
Hard top and coilovers are valuable enough that it is felony grand theft.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would it have been possible to refuse delivery of the car when you saw it had the parts missing?

I have always been concerned when I sell a car out of state via transport, that it could arrive in a different condition then I send it in.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Lots of negative feedback for the seller and the automotive place...I hope he's reconsidering his actions. Probably not worth all the hassle he's getting. Nice to see S2Ki peeps stick up for each other.

EDIT: Paragon Automotive is really getting slammed on Yelp. Wow...
It was worse yesterday. There were over 200 reviews yesterday; now, it's down to 145. Yelp is cleaning it up. We need to keep reviewing people! Make Yelp give up on cleaning up the reviews, haha.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:48 AM

previous owner and got alerted from m3forum. hope everything works out and props to the community for helping a member out
Old 03-18-2016, 08:21 AM

Received 219 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
Originally Posted by MsPerky' timestamp='1458304240' post='23912471
Lots of negative feedback for the seller and the automotive place...I hope he's reconsidering his actions. Probably not worth all the hassle he's getting. Nice to see S2Ki peeps stick up for each other. EDIT: Paragon Automotive is really getting slammed on Yelp. Wow...
It was worse yesterday. There were over 200 reviews yesterday; now, it's down to 145. Yelp is cleaning it up. We need to keep reviewing people! Make Yelp give up on cleaning up the reviews, haha.
Everyone just needs to put in a truthful review.
A member of my car club bought a car there from Allen Hong and when it was delivered to his house it had several thousand dollars in parts removed. When he called to inquire what happened. Allen Hong told him though shit!

Oh Man it's 9:30AM now in LA! I need to make a call to start someone's business day.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased my car out of state as well and it can be time consuming and a bit stressful getting everything in order. On top of that, getting scammed like you did, I probably would have gone crazy not knowing what to do.

Glad to see lots of sound advice and support from fellow members. Hope things work out for you.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:41 AM

Received 219 Likes on 177 Posts

I just spoke to someone there and told him I'm trying to find out about the S2000 story on the internet. He sounded solemn and told me that the owner allowed his former friend to sell the vehicle from his property. I told him "that's bad news because it reflects directly on their shop and it looks like the car was sold by your company" He said "I know and I'm very sorry" I told him "my friends would never do anything like that to me." He again apologized. I said that "You guys need to go on the forums and straighten it out because it reflects directly on your shop and people believe that it was your company. He said "I know and we are working to straighten it out with a lawyer" I told him good luck because it reflects very badly on you guys.
See how nice I can be
Old 03-18-2016, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Piero914
Imagine if the car came and it was a BRZ!

I kid i kid.
Or a Miata

Quick Reply: I bought a S2000 and got ripped off