New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

I bought a S2000 and got ripped off

Old 03-17-2016, 11:47 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

PARAGON AUTOMOTIVE
8 mins ·
WE ARE CURRENTLY RECEIVING THREATS ABOUT COMING TO OUR PLACE OF BUSINESS FROM CHILDREN WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO ON FACEBOOK. IT IS FUNNY THAT WE NOTICE THE ONLY ONES MAKING THREATS ARE THE ONES FAR AWAY THAT WILL NEVER COME. NO LOCALS HAVE STEPPED UP. smile emoticon
Wow...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jalopnik article lets the shop off the hook, and that's not really cool. Seriously, one conversation with an employee and the writer decides the shop isn't at fault? Seriously, hardcore investigating there. Cleared the owner and the shop of all culpability with one statement from an employee, and I'm assuming the writer didn't know about the facebook stuff, even though it's been posted everywhere.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mfindigital
Jalopnik article lets the shop off the hook, and that's not really cool. Seriously, one conversation with an employee and the writer decides the shop isn't at fault? Seriously, hardcore investigating there. Cleared the owner and the shop of all culpability with one statement from an employee, and I'm assuming the writer didn't know about the facebook stuff, even though it's been posted everywhere.
I agree. If he was the owner's friend, then the owner deserves his business harmed for allowing it. The seller did not take the car home and jack it up and change the suspension. He used the shop's lift. Maybe the owner didn't know what was going on but should have.

I don't for one minute believe that the seller didn't work there or wasn't at least heavily involved with the shop. Guilty by association. Don't let other people ruin your name. Step up and call the guy out. If my friend did that to me, I would tell them to make it right and if not, we wouldn't be friends anymore, and I would immediately be on social media clearing my name.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

I love how this f@#king tool says he's receiving threats but there from people far, then he threatens people by saying come step up? What a f@#king retart, and also judging by the replies I've read from him he's a f@#king racists scam artist
Old 03-17-2016, 11:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KNJ
fun... they answer the phone and when i asked they said "they are promptly correcting the matter and are investigating freight costs to send the hard top to NY". person didn't want to give thier name... true? I doubt it.

(626) 872-0707
contact@paragonautomotives.com
How can that be if, based on what the owner of the shop told Jalopnik, they have nothing to do with he seller other than being friends.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, Jalopnik should reach out to Lon. Johnny is spinning this whole thing to clear Paragon's name. Unbelievable.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:00 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Craziness. Hope everything will get resolved soon.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by LonS2k
I don't believe there are words in the english language for me to articulate how much gratitude I have for ALL the people and ALL the car communities involved!
I can only offer you all my BIGGEST THANKS and I hope you can all feel it everywhere this post has reached!

I can't talk much about the matter openly as per my lawyer but I am now in talks with the Seller about resolving the issue.
I will update you guys with what I can, when I can.

again THANK YOU , faith in humanity!
Old 03-17-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

I would tend to believe Jalopnik if I hadn't already seen the pathetic and childish way the shop handled all the responses. If anyone has seen their FB page they've been egging people on and calling people chinks, spics, etc. left and right on their FB page and straight up telling the buyer "too bad." Of course they've been repeatedly deleting comments as well.

Someone would be dumber than a box of rocks to bring their car there.. Jalopnik is way too easy on them.

Quick Reply: I bought a S2000 and got ripped off