New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

I bought a S2000 and got ripped off

Old 03-16-2016, 12:53 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by Stage1
Well, I know I haven't been around in a long time, but I just saw this over on bimmerpost. Sorry to hear about this Lon. Hope it all works out

Side note: Hi to all the OG members

Old 03-16-2016, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greyout
This may have already been mentioned, but if the check had swapped hands and you had the title signed over to you, it's your car from that moment. He didn't take parts back off his car, he stole parts of YOUR CAR.

The first call I'd make is to the police.
This and only this. Should have been an instant call to the Monterey Park Police Department, which is down the street from that shop. He clearly stole items from you, and a high value of items at that. Drive by that place all the time, nice stuff their, I'm surprised they still exist when they have business practices like this.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just the shop getting a phone call from a lawyer might be enough for him to wise up
Old 03-16-2016, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear OP, glad this thing is taking off though.

I had a cash deal gone wrong with someone in the S2000 community a few months back, but thankfully I got my money back and then some after he instantly folded at the sight of the court papers at our fake meetup, I have no doubt that this guy would do the same (once the distance issue is figured out, obviously). Best of luck!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:01 PM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
Originally Posted by Stage1' timestamp='1458161020' post='23910642
Well, I know I haven't been around in a long time, but I just saw this over on bimmerpost. Sorry to hear about this Lon. Hope it all works out

Side note: Hi to all the OG members

Old 03-16-2016, 01:05 PM

Saw this on reddit. I think you're gonna lose out on the shocks as the ad says the car has the stock suspension installed.

Aside from that, Warranty Law covers selling the product as advertised. He owes you a hardtop and stand delivered. As I understand it, if they marketed the goods with the hard top it is an implied feature of the product and does not require a separate bill of sale. If they demonstrated the car with the shocks, it is an implied feature and may not require a separate bill of sale. At time of sale, the requirement is on the sell to clearly state what is and isn't included in the deal. Stating AS-IS, implies 'as presented' so if they demonstrated the shocks and sold the car as is, they are included.

Anyway, here's the CA Warranty Law - http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/l...ides/m-1.shtml Any cheap lawyer should be able to write a letter and letigate this on your behalf. Have fun!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by animeS2K
Someone on reddit suggested filing a claim with your insurance. If you had full insurance on another car at the time, it should extend to this car even if you didn't yet have it listed on the policy. They'll pay out for the theft and go after the seller to get their money back.

Worth exploring, way less hassle than handling it yourself.

Best of luck, from someone that misses their own s2k and very much would love to pick another one up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...00_and/d11vtxo
I saw this in my front page on Reddit as well.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to hear man, saw this on FB. Ridiculous. You gotta have balls to scam some shit like this... hope some how you can make this better in your favor. Good luck man.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:12 PM

Well, seems that word has spread internationally now. Their yelp score has dropped from 4.5 stars to 1 star, flooded with links to reddit/s2ki.

Seems the business itself may take far more of a hit than they would have made from selling the hard top and KW coils - not a wise decision. Oh how things explode on the internet!

Good luck with everything!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Does the car go up in value since it's the most popular s2000 in the US right now?

This makes me proud to be associated with the best car community around, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Hope to hear some good news from OP soon

Quick Reply: I bought a S2000 and got ripped off