New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

I bought a S2000 and got ripped off

Old 03-16-2016, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by junkimchi
I know this is really f@#king childish, but you can post up ads for really cheap iPhones and rave tickets on craigslist under his cellphone/business number so that it just gets flooded by people calling him 24/7
I think Lon is going to steer clear of stooping down to his level especially since he is going to take legal action. But if someone did that, I can't say he wouldn't deserve it. It would be kind of funny if his info leaked to a gay hook up app with directions to his job and a description "come and get your oil changed and free lube jobs"
Old 03-16-2016, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by LonS2k
Originally Posted by yourboysoap' timestamp='1458157832' post='23910583
Just wanted to throw in some caution here. Let's not make this personal. This guy has a family that didn't ask to be involved in this. The worst thing the community at s2ki can do is hunt this guy down and harass him physically. Dropping his Yelp rating is totally fair as he has scammed someone, but posting his personal information or family information is a huge mistake. Let's not stoop to his level here.
AS PISSED AS I AM about the situation, I have to agree with you.
That's why I have not posted any of his sensitive information besides phone numbers he listed in his AD's.
I have his drivers license photo with address. I could've posted that on here for the internet to destroy but I'm still not asshol* even though I'm being tested right now!
Classy

Cooler heads prevail, Lon.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:06 PM

i think they got rid of their facebook
Old 03-16-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gpwap204
Just noticed that.

Took them much longer than I expected!
Old 03-16-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by gpwap204

there's a lot of instagram posts with paragon automotive
Old 03-16-2016, 12:20 PM

sucks about your situation man. At least the community and the internet are backing you up!
Old 03-16-2016, 12:33 PM

Give the district court in the jurisdiction of purchase and an attorney in both the sale jurisdiction and your residence a quick ring. Inquire about the legality of what happened. US State courts operate on good faith. If you have a case (and I believe you very well may) you can most likely mediate to recoup your losses. You are a victim of fraud. Intentional tort law protects citizens of the United States from this. You may also use the long-arm statute so you may do this remotely from your home state.

EDIT: As an added statement, if and when you win, he will be obligated to also pick up both ends of the legal expenses in addition to making you "whole" through either monetary damages, delivery of missing components, or both.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:43 PM

Well, I know I haven't been around in a long time, but I just saw this over on bimmerpost. Sorry to hear about this Lon. Hope it all works out

Side note: Hi to all the OG members
Old 03-16-2016, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a lawyer. if your worried about the coast and don't want to risk losing more money. start a go found me page of something of that sort I'm shore if we all put in a few bucks if should cover you.

anyone in CA know a reputable small clams lawyer

don't let this scum get away with this. your case looks pretty good all thing considered
Old 03-16-2016, 12:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cleenyc99
get a lawyer. if your worried about the coast and don't want to risk losing more money. start a go found me page of something of that sort I'm shore if we all put in a few bucks if should cover you.

anyone in CA know a reputable small clams lawyer

don't let this scum get away with this. your case looks pretty good all thing considered
I was just thinking about starting a GOFUNDME for a lawyer. I'm sure there's plenty of people in the car community who will want to get this guy!

I would love any legal recommendations for this situation.

Quick Reply: I bought a S2000 and got ripped off