New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

how many of you guys are business owners

Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how many of you guys are business owners

if so how difficult was it to open your own business, how old were you.

i have come to realise that i do not want to work for anyone and would like to work for myself and make my own money, not make someone else rich off of my smarts.

i want to get into a small business with a steady income, i was thinking along the lines of buying an established laundromat or something similar.

small investment with low risk, i know that often this will not reward with high return but i am looking for a small business as a stepping stone.....you entrepreneurs please encourage me and let me know i am headed in the right direction and that it really is great working for yourself!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:23 AM

drycleaners make six figure incomes these days. trust me i know. im korean hahahahaahaha
Old 10-09-2007, 09:30 AM

shhh dont say that....ur gunna ruin it for us...ahahah

no im seriously looking into this....i think its a good idea at my age, start small now and build up
Old 10-09-2007, 09:36 AM

yea im gonna start my own buisness a couple years after i get outta college
Old 10-09-2007, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I know is that is lots and lots of work...........you have to be driven and devoted, and you won't have time for anything else......

If owning and running a business was that easy everyone would be doing it.........
Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 AM

after seeing my parents slave themselves away trying to run up to 5 grocery stores at one point...i'd rather not start my own business..it's tough and it takes ALOT of devotion and restless nights...i'd rather work for the state or government...free life insurance and all these other wonderful benefits
Old 10-09-2007, 09:47 AM

true, im not looking to make a killing just looking to work for myself....thanks for the encouragement guys....ahahahhaha

no i do apprecciate all the comments....keep em coming
Old 10-09-2007, 09:55 AM

I bought an existing business when I was 21. It was a run down stationary store, and I turned it into a card & gift with Lotto.
I worked 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. When I wasnt working, people were robbing me blind. Even "trusted employees" If they didnt take money they took cigarettes, or whatever else they considerered a perk.
When business was slow, I couldnt cash my own checks so I could pay the bills.

I was broken into at least 4 times, which meant going down in the middle of the night and waiting for the police & glass guys to board up the place.

The finale straw was when I was held up.
10 years... great exerience. however, I much prefer for someone else to pay my checks now.
Granted Laundramat sounds like it would be an easy turn , but there is lots of other stuff to consider. Just make sure you have a solid business plan, and dont expect to make money straight off.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:57 AM

I was 16 when my friend and I started our own detailing business. We ran it all through high school. We usually worked on Saturdays and Sundays doing 1-2 cars each day. During the summers we had cars like 3 days out of the week we did cars and the other days at our other jobs. He taught me a lot about detailing because he worked in the detail department at a big dealership. I'm sure that Markus would agree with me, its good side money.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:59 AM

entrepreneurship ftw. along with some luck you can become the worlds richest man....

you gotta have the smarts tho. and the business mentality. always on the move. always hungry....lol

Quick Reply: how many of you guys are business owners