New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

How do you workout?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

right now i go to the gym 3-4 times a week and lift weights. my only problem is the diet. i give in to easy to food. i gain muscle and fat at the same time. i need to start doing cardio again.

mon - chest
tues -back
wed - biceps & triceps
thursday - shoulder & rarely do legs
friday - makeup day
Old 11-20-2008, 08:12 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Day 1 - chest / tri
Day 2 - leg / shoulder
Day 3 - back / bi
Day 4 - light arms / core

Any combination of those "days" is my workout every week. I also walk to every one of my classes and try to throw in HIIT cardio after each workout.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i lift the shot from the table to my mouth?

anyone else on this plan?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nytruco,Nov 20 2008, 02:49 PM
right now i go to the gym 3-4 times a week and lift weights. my only problem is the diet. i give in to easy to food. i gain muscle and fat at the same time. i need to start doing cardio again.

mon - chest
tues -back
wed - biceps & triceps
thursday - shoulder & rarely do legs
friday - makeup day
Your biggest problem is not doing legs. Leg muscle makes up ~50% of your total muscle mass. (assuming) You want to get big, legs are a must.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Nov 21 2008, 12:15 AM
Your biggest problem is not doing legs. Leg muscle makes up ~50% of your total muscle mass. (assuming) You want to get big, legs are a must.
I wanna do the opposite. lose weight and get cut.

what kinds of food do you guys eat for a diet?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Nytruco,Nov 21 2008, 12:23 AM

Legs are still important to do IMO.

With that said your diet should be the same whether you are bulking or cutting. I'm currently bulking, but I'm still eating the same foods instead of eating garbage with the excuse that I'm trying to put on weight. So, the foods that you eat are the same, but you just manipulate your daily macros to fit your caloric intake for the day. For example, now that I'm bulking I'll take in as much as 45% of my daily calories from carbs, but when I cut a few months down the road I'll drop that down to around 25-30%, although the foods will still be the same.

What I eat is really simple since my diet is pretty clean. I track my calories like a nut job and that really helps to hit my goals much faster (ie. putting on a solid .5-1lb per week and they are lean gains instead of guessing what I'm taking in and just packing on fat with muscle gains or not making any gains at all). At the end of the day, your overall caloric intake is the most important factor though. Assuming that you are taking in adequate amounts of protein and essential fatty acids, you can take in the rest of your calories in whatever form you would like (more healty fats or carbs with the same results), but the number of calories is going to determine whether you are gaining or losing weight. This is pretty basic stuff so you probably already know this, but for an example of my diet...

Protein sources...
- Chicken
- Turkey
- Lean Steak
- Eggs/Egg Whites
- Fish (I hate fish so I don't eat much of it)
- Some Supplements (whey, whey/casein/egg/etc protein blends)

Carbs...
- Oats, oats, and more oats (eat them 50 different ways as oatmeal or baked into granola)
- Rice (both brown and white)
- Potatoes (lots of sweet potatoes and also regular potatoes)
- Fruit (bananas/apples)
- Milk (I prefer the taste of skim)
- Cereal (I'm a cereal addict, but I avoid the crap ones and eat lots of Kashi heart to heart and stuff like that)

Healty fats...
- Peanut Butter (I prefer the taste of natural PB, but the amount of hydrogenated oil in regular PB is minimal, but it tastes like plastic after eating the natty one IMO)
- Walnuts/Almonds
- Olive Oil/Black Olives
- Peanut Oil
- Fish Oil Supplements

Those are the basic things that make up my diet and from them I come up with some good and not so good things to eat from experimenting. For example, I made this Banana bread that is awesome for bulking and packing on cals while eating something different. For cutting weight though, just watch your cals and make sure that you are still getting adequate amounts of protein and EFA's, and use common sense in avoiding highly processed/refined foods. Basically anything that uses white flour or says "enriched" goes in the garbage. Of course you can argue that eating garbage doesn't have an effect on body composition, but that only goes to a certain extent, especially while on a cut.

Good luck with your diet.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Nytruco,Nov 21 2008, 12:23 AM

touche then

If you want to loose weight healthy try eating 500 calories below your base caloric intake for your size.

Food would include, eggs, chicken, oats, salad, etc.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:48 AM

i believe i read droppin 500 calories a day loses one pound a week.

Also as most people know muscle weighs alot more than fat. So your scale may say you lost only 3 lbs but you could have lost 5 pounds of fat and gained 2 of muscle
Old 11-21-2008, 03:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to religiously workout. Know all the science behind it. High rep, low rep. Alternating cardio days. High protein, low carb. Blah, blah, blah... now I just watch my collection of DVD's... religiously.

My favorite work out schedule:

Legs/Calves
Back/Chest
Arms/Abs
Old 11-21-2008, 03:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went from this...........(230lbs)

to this................(159lbs)

to this (175lbs)......................

now I am 190 and soft, flying for a living is terribel for the body/health I am getting back into it I swear

Quick Reply: How do you workout?