New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

How do you workout?

Old 11-19-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you workout?

I saw the gym rat thread and figured I'd ask this

I kinda wanna see more than simple answers like: I run or lift weights. Lets see some more in depth stuff. Like do you time your runs? sprints? long distance? etc etc. How do you lift weights? what kind of lifts? spin class? hows your diet? I'll start

I recently started trying hard to get into shape again so here we go

I lift weights 3-5 days a week alternating body parts. Standard power lifts :bench, squat, dead lift etc with some olympic style (clean and jerk) then some body part specific body building style Basically i try to stick to function>form but hey why not?

I started training at my mma gym again, I'm there 2 days a week to avoid getting hurt for the month (dec I have a seminar with Sean "the muscle shark" sherk ) So right now I'm doing boxing and BJJ (brazilian jiu jitsu) When I go a full week at ym gym it's boxing, mma specific training (from dave at miletich NY) BJJ and a few open mat days (free for all) and gladiator training. I hate running but i try to do at least twice a week. Mostly sprints.

As far as diet im around 4500-6000 calories a day, I take 3 diff kinds of protein shakes (morning afternoon and night) Multi vitamins but i pretty much dont watch what i eat as much as i should but i'm working on that.

Anyone else?

Old 11-19-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

similar work out ethic but its 2-4 days a week, im not as die hard as i used to be. i used to take muay thai \ bjj 3 days a week but work has gotten in the way of that. my biggest downfall is my diet since i dont care what i eat. youre meeting sean sherk? hes a maniac, let me know how it goes =P
Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 AM

my friends gym at psu is having a seminar. He's one of my fav fighters and I envy his workout routine.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:31 AM

i cant lie, im a fan of tito ortiz's work out. that guy has a rediculous routine
Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 AM

well i'll fill in in more detail later
Basically I used to and plan to start doing daily calistenics again.
Pushups sets of 20 with 2 minute breaks. Until I can't do anymore, usually about 200 in a night. Situps, 30 sets same.
Then run/ jog for about a half hour.
When it's nice out i used to bike ride 10 miles + 3-5 times a week.
When i get back to the gym i'll be doing a free weights regiment.
Decline and flat bench sets of 7 185-255 then back down for a bunout
Preacher bench with curl bar @ 50lbs sets of 8-10 for arms and pull downs about 130lbs 3 sets of 8-10.

Next time would be lower body, squats, hamstring pulls and running with weights around the ankles.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

I try to ride to work 2-3 times a week. Its 4 miles each way and i evaluate my average speed to see my progression. There are some serious hills though, so those 4 miles are tough. I am lucky to have a gym at home, so i do 30 minutes of 4mph walk with 5 minutes of running every 10. I then do 2000 meters on the rowing machine. Soon i'll throw my road bike onto the rollers and do a either/or with that and running. I have a weight machine as well, so i alternate the muscle groups and do 20-30 mins of lifting as well. The hardest part for me is getting the motivation. All of my friends are either too far away or unmotivated to come work out with me, so i have to do it alone. If anyone wants to come work out with me, you're more than welcome to use all my machines.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing,Nov 19 2008, 03:51 PM
I try to ride to work 2-3 times a week. Its 4 miles each way and i evaluate my average speed to see my progression. There are some serious hills though, so those 4 miles are tough. I am lucky to have a gym at home, so i do 30 minutes of 4mph walk with 5 minutes of running every 10. I then do 2000 meters on the rowing machine. Soon i'll throw my road bike onto the rollers and do a either/or with that and running. I have a weight machine as well, so i alternate the muscle groups and do 20-30 mins of lifting as well. The hardest part for me is getting the motivation. All of my friends are either too far away or unmotivated to come work out with me, so i have to do it alone. If anyone wants to come work out with me, you're more than welcome to use all my machines.
i just looks thru a magazine and get annoyed, thats my motivation lol
Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 PM

i curl burgers
Old 11-19-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by CooperS2K,Nov 19 2008, 03:57 PM
i just looks thru a magazine and get annoyed, thats my motivation lol
i look at hot women and want them, that's what gives me my little motivation. Dude, drive to my place and work out with me!
Old 11-19-2008, 12:47 PM

hotties section

/thread

Quick Reply: How do you workout?