New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Help me complete my partial Vortech SC kit

Old 11-24-2009 | 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Thumbs up Help me complete my partial Vortech SC kit

Posted already in the FI section but since most of Metro is FI might be better off asking here.

Ok well just got my partial vortech sc kit in the mail. I bought it as a used and incomplete kit.
It has all the main components but is missing all the little couplers, clamps, hoses etc.

I attached pictures of everything that I got.
I think I got all the main components besides a fuel pump. I will be ordering a Walbro 255 pump.

Also the separate pulley that was in the box had pieces broken off the edges during shipping I would think as they are inside the box.
I am not familiar with the sc kits for this car really so is that what it is? Does that not mount to the back of the sc bracket? I don't see anywhere to mount it.
If it is needed and broken edges how much are they to replace? I know the package was shipped with insurance.
Also one of the pulleys on the back of the bracket has an edge dented in as well. Can it be used like that or would it need to be replaced? Can anyone tell me which pulley that is for?

Ok now on to the pics. I need to order all the missing pieces. If there are nuts, bolts, houses etc that I can order from local stores and don't need to order through Vortech that would be good as well.
Hopefully people experienced with this kit can help me piece together all the missing components.

Old 11-24-2009 | 10:05 AM

crap, thats alot of stuff missing. That big pulley goes on the crank. As its destroyed, you're going to need to get another one, with predrilled holes. You might be able to find it used, but usually people do a core swap. Its something like 400 dollars from vortech. Also, the tensioner is destroyed, so either a new one from vortech or making you're own will be necessary. You'll need to buy all the larger bolts that hold the mount on. While you're at it, get the titanium ones, so they don't break in the future. I would get the shipping sheet that vortech gives you with a new kit. that will tell you what you're missing. Also talk to sideways, he has done alot of mods to this kit. You will be nickel and dimed to death with this thing.
Old 11-24-2009 | 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Well it seems like the crank pulley was damaged during shipping and he did insure the package so hopefully that will be covered.
For the tensioner isn't it just the screw that needs to be replaced?

I just spoke to the seller and he is going to the post office to file an insurance claim and I am going to bring it to my local post office as well.
So the pulley's that are damaged should be covered hopefully.
He is also shipping an intake setup to me today so that is coming as well.
I do know that the little parts will be adding up but I only payed $1500 for the kit so far so have some room to buy parts and still get a good deal.
Old 11-24-2009 | 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2003s2k2003,Nov 24 2009, 02:17 PM
Well it seems like the crank pulley was damaged during shipping and he did insure the package so hopefully that will be covered.
For the tensioner isn't it just the screw that needs to be replaced?

I just spoke to the seller and he is going to the post office to file an insurance claim and I am going to bring it to my local post office as well.
So the pulley's that are damaged should be covered hopefully.
He is also shipping an intake setup to me today so that is coming as well.
I do know that the little parts will be adding up but I only payed $1500 for the kit so far so have some room to buy parts and still get a good deal.
hopefully you can get some money from insurance, but its either pay now, or pay later. If you enjoy piecing it together, which can be fun, why not! Just get the build sheet and start ordering parts!
Old 11-24-2009 | 10:41 AM
Former Sponsor

You think the little parts will add up to be way over $500 for everything?
Old 11-24-2009 | 12:06 PM

bring your diff back to NY and i would gladly free up some cash for you to put this back to good ol use !
Old 11-24-2009 | 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor

haha yeah it's funny once I move to FL all the interest for the diff so far is back in NY!!
Old 11-24-2009 | 12:46 PM
20 Year Member

vortech site has installation manual that has all the parts listed. compare the major components first.
Old 11-24-2009 | 12:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah been looking at that. Really hard to tell what I have or not as I don't see any pictures or anything.
I have all the main components except for the fuel pump I think.
It's the tons of little hardware pieces that are listed that throw me off. I think I actually have one of the oil lines that taps into the oil pan but everything else I don't have.
He is sending me the coolant overflow tank or something which he forgot to include so I will have that and the insurance will take care of the other stuff or he will buy me new crank pulleys and sc pulley which is good.