New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Help

Old 12-01-2009, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

whats going on metro?...Ive been out of a job for almost 2moths n the bills are building up..n savings is near $0...i have a G.E.D. im good at just about everything but don't have license . to prove it... i am fast learner and a hard worker if anyone knows any place that is hiring and pays well please help me out....i don't want to lose the s2k
Old 12-01-2009, 04:34 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

If your in need of cash fast, don't be picky about a job -- walmart / sams / costco / hell even burger king + any other food place. There are lots of places hiring, just might not be what you want to do but times are rough
Old 12-01-2009, 05:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude don't sell yourself short....if your handy get creative! degrees/cert's mean crap if you can be smart about it. Trust me I work in a workld of Ivy League, MBA degree certified (and certifiable ) peers and I don't have anything I barley made it out of highschool.

The difference I've always had high hopes. I will say at one point in my life I was DJing, coaching people on weight loss, doing computer work, about to drive a pedi cab, and just running out of my unemployment.

Now I run a $50 Million business for one of the largest software companies in the world.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Dec 1 2009, 09:34 AM
If your in need of cash fast, don't be picky about a job -- walmart / sams / costco / hell even burger king + any other food place. There are lots of places hiring, just might not be what you want to do but times are rough
Exactly right. Get a stop-gap job in the interim and continue to search for the job that you want. Best of luck to you.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:28 AM

Received 214 Likes on 175 Posts

If you have or know kids between the ages of 18-31 with a high school diploma, the Federal Aviation Association is taking applications for air traffic controller school.. Applicants should be in the right age group (under 31) and with some effort they could reach a salary of over $100,000 with benefits in about 3 years! You need only a high school diploma to apply and credit is given for college on the exam.

http://www.faa.gov/jobs/job_opportunities/...fic_controllers <http://www.faa.gov/jobs/job_opportunities/airtraffic_controllers>

Old 12-01-2009, 07:42 AM

Received 214 Likes on 175 Posts

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Open to the public.

1) The NYPD has jobs available now for SCHOOL SAFETY AGENTS. Starting salary: $28,901; after 1 year: $29,689; after 2 years: $32,658. Health Insurance & Other Benefits include:
Retirement after 25 years of service;
A choice of paid medical and dental plans;
Paid vacation and sick leave;
Paid night shift differential;
Overtime and promotional opportunities;
Differential increases for assignments; and
Uniform allowance of $600 annually.
NYPD is hiring School Safety Agents for various public high schools, intermediate and elementary schools throughout NYC. School Safety Agents ensure the safety of students, faculty and visitors in NYC Public School buildings by patrolling assigned areas, operating scanning equipment, confiscating contraband and checking in visitors.

Requirements: H.S. Diploma or GED, must meet physical, medical and psychological requirements and background investigation, be at least 21 years of age, a U.S. Citizen and NYC resident.

NOTE: Candidates should file for the upcoming School Safety Agent civil service examination. It is a multiple choice test. You may obtain an application for this examination from the Department of Citywide Administrative Services, Applications Center, 2 Lafayette Street-17th Floor, New York, N.Y. 10007 and mail the completed form and the application fee to DCAS Application Unit, 1 Centre Street, 14th floor, New York, NY 10007. The application and appropriate forms for this examination are also available at: www.nyc.gov/examsforjobs. The New York City Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) 2010 Census Jobs
The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting temporary, part-time census takers for the 2010 Census. These short-term jobs offer good pay, flexible hours, paid training, and reimbursement for authorized work-related expenses, such as mileage incurred while conducting census work. Best of all, census takers work right in their own communities.
Census taker jobs are excellent for people who want to work part-time, those who are between jobs, or just about anyone who wants to earn extra money while performing an important service for their community.
Hundreds of thousands are needed for temporary jobs
Conducting the census is a huge undertaking. Hundreds of thousands of census takers are needed nationwide to help locate households and conduct brief personal interviews with residents. Most positions require a valid driver's license and use of a vehicle. However, use of public transportation may be authorized in certain areas.
Your community is counting on you
Every 10 years, the Census Bureau takes a snapshot of our population, determining how many people reside within the nation's borders, who they are, and where they live. The results help determine your representation in government, as well as how federal funds are spent in your community on things like roads, parks, housing, schools, and public safety. As a census taker, you'll play a vital role in making sure that everyone is counted.
Bilingual speakers are encouraged to apply
All census takers must be able to speak English, but people who have bilingual skills are needed in communities where a large number of residents primarily speak other languages. If you have the appropriate language skills and cultural knowledge to communicate well in your community, we encourage you to apply.
Apply today by contacting your Local Census Office or by calling 1-866-861-2010 . You can also log on to: http://2010.census.gov/2010censusjobs/ for more information.
How to Apply
It's easy to apply! Call your Local Census Office and schedule an appointment to take the employment test. Use our interactive map to find the local phone number of the nearest Local Census Office.
You may also call our toll-free Jobs Line at 1-866-861-2010. TTY users should call the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.
Can I download the application forms online?
Yes. Visit the application materials section of this web site to download, fill out, and print an application form with instructions. Please bring your completed application, I-9 Form, and proper identification to your scheduled testing session. Do not mail your application or I-9 Form. Applications must be submitted in person, on the day of your employment test.
Will I be hired?
Most hiring will take place during the spring of 2010. Job offers depend on several factors, such as the availability of work in your community, test score, language skills, veterans' preference, and the number of hours you are available to work each week. Please understand that not every qualified applicant who takes the employment test and applies will be offered a census job. Job offers are made by the Local Census Office.
May I contact you via email?
No, we do not accept emails. Please use our interactive map to find the phone number for your Local Census Office, or call the toll-free Jobs Line listed above.
In addition to applying to be a census taker, are there other jobs I can apply for?
Possibly. To learn about other census jobs in your area, please visit the 2010 Census Regional Offices Web site, select your state on the map provided, and then select the "Regional Employment" option.
Requirements: To be eligible, all applicants must be: a) at least 18 years of age; b) pass the required written test administered by US Census.
Regional Offices:
Buffalo Syracuse New York West Main Street Corporate Dr. William St. Buffalo, NY 14202 East Syracuse, NY 13057 Manhattan, NY 10038 Phone: 716-923-9030 Phone: 315-218-1520 Phone: 917-267-3640 Census takers start at: $13.50/hr. Census takers start at: $13.50/hr. Census takers start at: $13.50/hr.
Brooklyn South Brooklyn Northwest Queens Northwest 86th Street Fulton Street Northern Blvd. Brooklyn, NY 11214 Brooklyn, NY 11217 Queens, NY 11101 Phone: 347-967-4020 Phone: 718-360-5150 Phone: 347-231-1140 Census takers start at: $18.785/hr. Census takers start at: $18.75/hr. C.T.'s Start at: $18.75/hr.
Bronx Southeast Westchester County South Nassau County Southwest East Fordham Rd. Corporate Park Dr. Endo Blvd. Bronx, NY 10458 Harrison, NY 10604 Garden City, NY 11530 Phone: 718-679-9030 Phone: 914-705-5290 Phone: 516-559-7520 C.T.'s start at: $18.75/hr. C.T.'s start at; $18.25/hr. C.T.'s start at: $18.00/hr.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

this seems promising....

Old 12-01-2009, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wish i had something for you Mike!

Mike went out of his way to hook me up with a used tire when i was in a pinch, someone help this guy out!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike: I feel your pain man: but like Specs said, don't be picky. Get something now, get picky as you go. Make the ends meet. It's easier to find a job, when you have one. Something always comes up better down the road. Looks like Langelo really came thru for this. (Wish I was 31 or younger: 32 just sucks)

I am looking as we speak because I left Florida. Good luck to you.