New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Hello from Queens (new S2k owner)

Old 11-16-2006, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Queens (new S2k owner)

Greetings all! Just wanted to say that I've been lurking for a while now on S2ki but I must say this is a great forum. Well, I've finally bit the bullet and will be closing on a '03 Silverstone S2K in the next week.

Just some questions for the NYC S2K owners.

1) I mostly hang out in the city, what are some do's/don't in regards to driving a S2k in the city? Do guys exclusively park in the garage or, on occasion, park in the garage?

2) Anyone here from Queens? Would love to meet up with some local owners and get some advice and knowledge on this car. I'm coming from an '91 Legend (which I still own) but am sort of getting back into the car scene.

TIA,
Jon
Old 11-16-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 1,401 Likes on 839 Posts

Welcome/wazzup
Old 11-16-2006, 03:59 PM

Watch the potholes and steep driveway ramps!! The S has a pretty agressive front over hang and it tends to scrape driveways. I would be careful with parking in the city. People like to steal antennas and I personally wouldnt trust a parking attendant with my car. They might park it while you watch but who knows.. maybee the next valet will back a escalade over your low bumper. You know how they pack all the cars into such a small lot.

There are a few of us in Queens.. It would be easier to come out to a L.I tuesday night meet or the Humpday meet in Jersey so you can meet all the players.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:05 PM

Hey man congrats on the car.

I would recommend getting seat locks from kodokan 4 and the seat lock warning stickers to put on your side windows from Sensei Rick. The seats are commonly stolen from our cars, especially in queens. People have differing opinions about the seat locks but I felt like they were wise purchase for me.

Park the car in well lit areas otherwise you could run a higher chance of gettin your top slashed like mine did.

You should also get snow tires if it is your only car.

These are some negatives but i have no regrets, the car is awesome.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:24 PM

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback. I've already contacted Kodokan for the seat locks. I am also considering getting the JDM side mirrors as it seems this car has a lot of blind spots (which I am afraid of given the driving conditions in NYC). Otherwise, I also wanted to know how good is the OEM Honda alarm? Should I just get an aftermarket instead?

PS: Will def. come to one of the meets as soon I get the plates!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:08 PM

Welcome to the club
Old 11-16-2006, 06:26 PM

hi there! welcome to the club and congrats on your new ride!!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:47 PM

welcome!
I park my car about 300 days or more in the city, usually in garage, but you have to becareful with choosing a garage cuz S is small and sometimes they just shove the car in the tiny spot and you end up getting many door dings from garage. I accumulated about 10 dings or maybe more from garage and few scratches and more dings on the streets by delievery guys and taxis.

And do NOT EVER park your car where it's a nice neighborhood, try to park on the avenue if you are looking for street parking. I mostly got dings when i park on streets but avenues have been hassle free.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:48 AM

welcome
Old 11-17-2006, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by jlstyle82,Nov 17 2006, 01:47 AM
welcome!
I park my car about 300 days or more in the city, usually in garage, but you have to becareful with choosing a garage cuz S is small and sometimes they just shove the car in the tiny spot and you end up getting many door dings from garage. I accumulated about 10 dings or maybe more from garage and few scratches and more dings on the streets by delievery guys and taxis.

And do NOT EVER park your car where it's a nice neighborhood, try to park on the avenue if you are looking for street parking. I mostly got dings when i park on streets but avenues have been hassle free.
i could not agree anymore! if I park my car in the city, I ALWAYS park at a metered spot on a big avenue.. never on a small street.

Quick Reply: Hello from Queens (new S2k owner)