New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Has anyone ever dealt with "Autobody Specialties"?

Old 05-16-2006, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever dealt with "Autobody Specialties"?

Hey guys, I was just wondering if by any chance anyone from here has dealt with "Auto Body Specialties" in Patchogue? The place is owned by a friend of a friend's father, but I have never seen any of his work before. I was looking to get my hardtop painted by him, but just wanted to see if anyone has dealt with this shop before. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does George still run that shop?

He used to buy parts from me at my Acura dealership. i havent heard from him (them) in over 2 years!

From what i can remember we had to chase him around for $. Bounced Checks, etc...

But if all youre looking to have done is a little paint work it shouldnt be that bad. i havent ever seen any of their work.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:38 PM

That is pretty funny, i'm pretty sure that this guy's father is named George, but I will find out for sure. I was hoping to hear some better news then that. Yeah, i'm just looking for a paint job, but I have found out first hand in the past that this is quite a task for some shops that charge a premium price. .. I remember when I had mirrors painted by a local body shop on Brooke Ave and the clear coat came out looking like rain drops on all of the corners, it was horrible. The same shop also couldn't figure out how to install side skirts on my old car, I just don't want to go through the same BS again.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:25 PM

What shop was that?

I work for Hillside Acura in the Parts dept for just over 4yrs now. i can reccomend you to a few good shops if you'd like.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Former Moderator

I love my shop, but Ive never had any experience with them with silver cars. Our opinions are useless to you. My bodyshop does flawless work on red, but might not be good on silver. (metallic paint takes skill)

Eliot used them, and he was happy (owned by Eliot's friend, and IMHO, they do great work.

Advanced Auto Collision
123 Jericho Tpk.
Floral Park NY

516-488-5222

Lon has his car painted there, and was happy.

Ask for Charlie, and tell him Dave with the s2000 sent you. Nice guy, and IMHO, great work.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,May 16 2006, 04:29 PM
I love my shop, but Ive never had any experience with them with silver cars. Our opinions are useless to you. My bodyshop does flawless work on red, but might not be good on silver. (metallic paint takes skill)

Eliot used them, and he was happy (owned by Eliot's friend, and IMHO, they do great work.

Advanced Auto Collision
123 Jericho Tpk.
Floral Park NY

516-488-5222

Lon has his car painted there, and was happy.

Ask for Charlie, and tell him Dave with the s2000 sent you. Nice guy, and IMHO, great work.
Charlie's also done work on my car (Berlina) and Eliot's (Silverstone).
Old 05-16-2006, 02:16 PM

Ive heard good things about Advanced...ill have to check them out sometime.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by S2kMarkus,May 16 2006, 04:25 PM
What shop was that?

I work for Hillside Acura in the Parts dept for just over 4yrs now. i can reccomend you to a few good shops if you'd like.
That was "radiance autobody" in Deer Park... its actually on Bayshore Rd, a block away from Brooke ave. The owner is a nice guy, but it looked like stevie wonder did the paint job and all he did was complain about the fitment of the kit if it was off by 1 mm. Never again.

Dave and Dan, thanks for the heads up for that Body Shop. Tomorrow i'm going to take a ride out to this other guy and see some of his work, if its not up to par then i'll be heading over to advanced. Something tells me i'll end up going to advanced anyway, but I already told this guy I would come down.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:40 PM

hahaha, wow! My buddy's uncle owns Radiance in Deer Pk. i havent seen any of their work besides my friend's custom Orange integra that he painted himself over there. but other than that, same deal...havent heard from these guys ina while...
Old 05-17-2006, 01:53 PM

Well, I just got back from the shop and I don't know if its because I know his son, but George turned out to be a really nice guy. Seems like he knows his stuff, I left my gas tank door with him so he can match up the top to it. He said that the top will be ready by Friday since i'm leaving on Saturday, which was really nice of him, but we shall see how good it comes out then. I'll post up pics and let you guys know how his work is when I get the top back. BTW, he let me sit in his 1600 hp drag camaro, that thing is a beast. The slicks in the rear are the width of my car! Also, almost the entire car is fiberglass so i'm pretty confident that he can handle painting my hardtop.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever dealt with "Autobody Specialties"?