New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Got bagged tonight.....

Old 09-23-2003, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW....89 in a 55 and got that reduced to tailgating??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Dood....that's really not fair. Wow, u got away with murder. I paid out the ass for my 34 MPH over ticket and got an amazing number of points. No reductions or anything. The judge wanted to put me in jail for a few days!

WOoooOoOhooo girl power ya !

Ya, they got cops in maxima's ...my friends seen it and I've seen it. Not to mention random SUV's, integras, etc. I've seen cops in what looked like a trailer home ...i kid you not. No one believes me on that...but he actually pulled someone over with another cop car. So it wasnt some faker with police lights. So all you guys and gals just watch your backs.
Old 09-23-2003, 03:58 PM

WAH!!!!!!!! i'm scared now! sometimes i dont wnat to drive anymore b/c i'm sick of almost pissing in my pants every time i see a cop just knowing that he is going to pull me over ieven if i am not doing anything bad!
Old 09-23-2003, 04:21 PM

O man this is starting to freak me out a bit. I'm driving into the city from LI everyday and I speed as long as it is safe. I did not know there were undercover cops ion taxi cabs, I assumed they were just unmarked cop cars (chevy impalas). I easilly do 90-100 down the LIE late at night where there are no cars around. Guess I got to slow down. My V1 is giving me a false sense of security.
Cops can stop you for speeding even though they don't tag you with radar or laser right?
Old 09-23-2003, 04:56 PM
HJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the Police only drove cars made in America.

Cars to look out for, when you're in/around Hempstead: Mustangs (silver), Camaros (black), Impalas and Crown Vics (unmarked, black).

I was stopped by a trooper one time for doing 75 in a 55, but he was kind enough to take it down to a No Seatbelt violation, which has no effect on the license. This was the only time a cop was nice to me.

And yes, they can stop you even if they didn't clock you with their radar/laser, but the ticket becomes easier to fight in court.

Now, by taxi cabs, do you actually mean... yellow cabs from the city? Or was it just a Lincoln Town car?
Old 09-23-2003, 06:03 PM

yellow cabs
Old 09-23-2003, 06:38 PM
HJZ

Wow, cop cars are getting more unique by the day.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:26 PM

...you guys are amazed by the taxi cab cop...but I swear to u there was a van (like in the A-Team) that was turned into a trailer home and it was a cop car....he pulled over a car along with a impala next to it. I swear if that isnt amazing I dont know what is.

Oh ya...the taxi cops have special license plates. My friend told it to me but I forgot. Something about the first letter. Only the cop taxi's have this BTW. I'll ask him again next time I talk to him.

Viola, you drive a s2k?

I've gotten out of so many situations where I would have gotten pulled over but just dont because of the car. I had a honda civic as my first car that was a gift from my parents. I got pulled over left and right. Usually for no reason at all. Then I bought a 240sx and I got pulled over a LOT less. And now with the s2k, I've eaten red lights right next to cops or right behind and all that would happen at most is that they'd give me a thumbs up. Pretty sweet deal.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Former Moderator

Yea...taxi cops have a 5 digit plate.....but I didnt look at it, big mistake.

I think I can win this ticket....WAY too many inconsistencies......

Especially since I will actually fight it a year from now.....

Good luck to me......
Old 09-24-2003, 02:45 PM

i know that undercovers have a K as their first letter on the plates...got caught once but he let me go phew...i get very lucky *knock on wood*
kane.s2k- no i dont drive a s2k...i know 2 members on this site though...i drive a celica..so i get pulled over WAY MORE than u guys! oy!

Thats my baby and I
Old 09-24-2003, 05:50 PM
HJZ

I think they start with C also, and they usually have 5% tints, well, on the crown vics at least.

I like your rims, it looks like it's made out of a piece of mirror.

-John

Quick Reply: Got bagged tonight.....